Feature request: Offline download

Maybe a bit premature since you’re just now beta testing remote streaming, but the next feature I’d love to see is the ability to download recordings for offline viewing. This would be very handy when on a long flight, etc. Any chance of it being on the roadmap?

4 Likes

Who leaked the roadmap!

Yeah, that’s all in the plans. No promises on when it shows up, but offline viewing is in the plan.

6 Likes

It was probably reince priebus

Just curious, is offline viewing, i.e. ability to download to my device, still in the plans?

1 Like

Yes. We consider offline access a critical feature for the Channels platform.

4 Likes

Great! I just spent a few hours compressing and transferring many shows from my computer to my iPad for summer upcoming flights. Offline viewing would be welcomed!

Hi there, download to the Android (phone) app would solve my problem of slow upload speed when away from home. I tried watching recorded content while on vacation but it was terrible. If I could download then play back later my problem would be solved and I could watch when not connected.

Any news on when we might see this on Android?

Thanks, Doug

Any word on this feature? Definitely something that I think would be super useful.

It’s still in the plans, but has not been a priority, especially with people traveling less over the last year.

What if we have all been holding off on travel plans until Channels allows offline content?

10 Likes

Downloads and offline watching have gone into beta. You can read more about it here:

3 Likes

@maddox Feature Request: Allow us to "like" posts multiple times!

1 Like

Best. Week. Ever!

/falls out of chair

1 Like

A clock and downloads within days of each other? Gonna give us heart attacks!

4 Likes