Feature Request - Quad Box Viewing Channel

Can we get a Quad Box Channel for viewing 4 channels simultaneously? Especially now with TV Everywhere, there are plenty of tuners available. For sound, whatever grid is highlighted is heard. The other 3 would be muted. The 4 channels for the Quad Channel could be configured in the DVR web portal.

Please consider, thanks!

While I like the idea, I think perhaps it can be generalized into a picture-in-picture (PIP) option.

(This feature also would probably require the same internal changes needed to implement continuing to play the channel while backing out to the grid guide.)

I love this feature in PlayStation Vue and its one I've tried to emulate with the QuadStream for tvOS (although it only accepts HLS streams). Have you tried QuadStream at all?

Thanks! I wish they had an AndroidTV version. I'm using all NVIDA Shields as clients.

I think this could be done natively in Channels, even if it's only for TVE channels to reduce bandwidth and remove the need for transcoding.

This would be an awesome addition to Channels DVR.

It’s already the best $80 I spend each year. Thanks for an incredible- and ever improving - service :+1:

You can use Tivimate on the Shield/AndroidTV along with Channels m3u links to get multi view - the Shield can actually handle up to 9 screens at a time.

Thanks, I will give it a try! Do I need to upgrade to the Premium version for Multi-view?

That is a good question but I am not entirely sure - I purchased the premium right away so I can't remember if it was there in the free basic version or not.