Feature Request: Signal Strength/Quality Display in Client

I was messing around with a new antenna yesterday, and thought it would be really helpful if the Channels client showed one, or some combination, of the Signal Strength, Signal Quality, and Symbol Quality values that you can get from the HDHR. I had to tune a channel on my Channels client, but then bring up the HDHR page on a different device to observe these figures of merit while adjusting the antenna. Would be kind convenient to see those when you watch a live steam and arrow down to reveal that pop-up menu at the top of the screen.

1 Like

What I did when I recently installed an Indoor Antenna was attach it to my TV first because it has a signal monitor. I do not think I would like the signal monitor to pop up anytime I arrow down. It can be optional for those that want it.

Look for the Signal GH app. It connects to your HDHomeRun and displays strength and quality. It is incredibly helpful when positioning your antenna.

2 Likes

I have the equivalent installed for Android.

1 Like

The latest Android app beta shows these values in the Player Statistics. I'm working on adding them to iOS and tvOS.

7 Likes

Just downloaded the beta android app, but I can't find "Player Statistics". How do I get to it?

Never mind. Found it. Thanks.