Feature Request: Siri Search on Recorded Shows

As Maddox stated, the search widget and APIs are notoriously hard to work with and very inflexible.

I agree it would be nice to be able to search recorded shows and movies, but that does not mean it's easy to implement. The dvr backend search feature only includes upcoming guide data. We are planning to upgrade the search backend in the future to allow for additional features.

1 Like

Thank you...now, I understand more completely about latest impediment.

FUTHER:

I apologize to you and “all other posters/readers” for “My Latest Irrational behaviours”.

EVEN FURTHER:

Since the beginning of month which further intensified to the point of destructiveness 4 days ago....specifically posts to @CaptainRon and references to yourself in multiple posts.

Recognizing my own “problem” and recent “ID” of the cause, will assist me to cease same.

1 Like

No worries. I understand your husband's frustrations and it's useful to hear how the product is reaching its limits with several years of heavy usage.

Can you elaborate on how this works in Emby? Is it the letter side bar that appears when scrolling?

1 Like

Of course! Will provide screenshots later PM est

This is how it is done on Plex, the A-Z indicator is always shown on the library view with the indicator moving as you scroll, you can also navigate to the A-Z column itself (the indicator becomes larger once you are on it) and quickly scroll from A-Z.

While I am posting photos I also took this from Plex, they use a simple placeholder for the "more" selection. Many of my friends/family had to be taught what the empty box was in Channels, a similar placeholder would really help convey this (currently "more" only shows up when the empty box is highlighted)

3 Likes

Apologize for the delay