Fios Login Issues

Yea it's a pain. We just have to wait. I'll keep everyone posted. They are in contact with me.

i just encountered this exact same problem with the exact same scenario as the OP. i bypassed auto authentication with a vpn just for the channel scan.

I turned the vpn off after the scan and everything streams just fine. I was even able to rescan a few channels that didnt get picked up with the vpn on.

so lets see in 30 days when the server tries to authenticate again, im thinking it should work fine.

weird - vpn didn't work for me at all

make sure your connecting to your geographical area. i doubt it will work if you connect to sweden. who knows.

Tagging along because I ran into the exact same issue. Custom Fios TV package, cable card, internet.

no it just acted like the vpn wasn't there - still connected to the home account that exists for the house

no idea, worked for me with nordvpn

Did you hear anything back from Verizon?

Nothing new to report yet. They said it will take awhile before they can implement. I can reach out after the holidays to see if they made any progress.

1 Like

Nothing knew to report on the Verizon end but did you see this? You guys are mentioned to at the end of the article. That Adobe authentication is what prompted me to contact Verizon in the first place.

I didn't even realize FitzyTV was removed.

would this work in complete different locations? My mom is in NY and I am in GA where we don't even have fios but if I can use a VPN to tap into her package that would be dope!

The issue is if you have fios internet only and if you use someone else’s fios tv account, it won’t work without a vpn for the initial channel scan. You can then stop the vpn but you have to repeat these steps every month.

If you have internet with someone else, then it will work normally.

Actually that's incorrect. Every FiOS subscriber including subscribers with both internet and TV have home authentication on. This is what I have experienced first hand in multiple FiOS homes in my area and this is what a FiOS VP told me. I have a custom TV package on my account not just internet.

It's not even the missing TV everywhere channels that bothers me. I probably wouldn't even watch them. It's the fact that FiOS is interfering with how I use my internet. Maybe one day we'll get net neutrality back. Sigh....

Yeah the vpn works and its the reason my channels server is still on windows instead of being on an unraid container - monthly it needs to be reconnected

i currently have xfinity internet...so if I

1. Order Channels +
  2. Set up a VPN (that puts my TV in NY where my mom is)
  3. Sign into her Fios Account with TV Anywhere

I should be able to pick up her entertainment package?
does the vpn work for my entire network or just one device?

You don't have to use a VPN to sign in with her FiOS credentials for TV everywhere. Some TV Everywhere channels won't work when not on a FiOS network. But honestly I don't know exactly which ones without testing it. But you do get a bunch that still work no matter what internet your on.

Has anyone had any updates on this topic? I am in a similiar but a little bit stranger situation with Fios. My home address only offers Fios Interent, and no TV. So I want to log into my parents account, in order to use it to watch tv with TVE.

I set up a Nvidia Shield, and had to set up a VPN on it, in order to get it to allow the channels to pass thru. Is this normal?

I wanted to not use the Nvidia Shield as my DVR server, but instead use a WD My Cloud. But I can't seem to find a way to set it up on a VPN, I just want the WDmycloud to be on the VPN, not my router.

I spoke to a Verizon executive team rep on Monday. He has contacted the development team working on it and will email me when he knows more.

You'd have to use the shield as the DVR server and connect to a VPN and then run the channel scan.

Wanted to check in with you and see if you have any more details. I also wanted to ask if you are still having to use a VPN to do a channel scan? Because yesterday, I was having some channel issues, so I decided to do a channel scan. When it was done, I realized I didnt have my VPN active. And I did not get an error this time. I did another scan with the VPN on, and got some different channels, and then went back to do without a VPN, and it still worked.

I was just wondering if you were having the same experience or not?

Basically you have to run the rescan with a vpn once every 30 days

Because it knows you are using a vpn you need to then disconnect the vpn and run a scan again

Then it will work correctly for the next 30 days