FireTV Cube v2 Slow to Change Live Channels

This seems to be a recent issue on my FireTV Cube v2. Watching live TV, going to the first channel it loads just fine, all subsequant live channels are extremely slow to load. DVR playback plays fine. After a reboot the first channel loads quickly again but same issue after the first channel. Also, having an occasional crash of the Channels app on the cube which has not happened before. I don't notice any of these issues with my Apple4k. I know Apple is superior, but it's a 5 year old TV without CEC so I can't use the Apple remote to control everything.

You can try changing Settings > Playback > Advanced > Video

It was set to Hardware for the HEVC channels. Hybrid yielded the same results, software worked, but I did lose the HEVC channels. I don't seem to have this issue on my 4k stick or 4k Max stick, just the cube. My understanding is the cube is more powerful, could it be a bad device?

The 2nd and 1rst Generation cube always had problems with MPEG2 when using hardware. This is totally fixed in the 3rd Generation.

I recently got the 3rd Generation ... and hooked up my Appletv to HDMI in and now I can output the sound to my Atmos Echo Studios and Control the Appletv with my FireTV remote... Also Use some Voice commands to control Appletv.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.