Firmware Update

Noticed your Facebook post mentions a updated firmware for HD HOMERUNS. How do we install this and what does it do? I have a PRIME. Thank you

If your device needs the update, it will mention it in the Settings. You can click the button to update your firmware.

1 Like

The updated firmware comes directly from SiliconDust. Their forum has a changelog:

HDHomeRun Tuner Firmware: (20160321atest1)
* Report audio and video codec types in lineup json.
* Report ONID and TSID in lineup json when tuning information is requested.
* Report tuner count in discover json.
* Detect and report if h.264 channels are SD or HD.
* Support using a secondary DNS server delivered via DHCP.
* ClearQAM: Favor HD over SD channels when a virtual channel number conflict is detected.
* CableCARD: Fix problem where card firmware error message was not displayed.
* DVB-T/C: Fix possible false-positive detection of MPEG2 video.
* Improvements to compatibility with non-compliant DLNA clients.
* Improvements to diagnostic logging.

HDHomeRun Firmware: (20160328atest2)
* Fix possible crash running channel scan.

I used the Channels ATV HDHomeRun firmware update function a few days ago in settings. It ran for a bit, then it reported back a error saying that the update had failed and I clicked on OK. Then I was stuck in a loop of “failed”, then “OK”, stuck in ATV, could not get out. I did a power cycle on the HDHOMERUN ( extend). The HDHomerun reports it is at the new firmware release and the Channels ATV app error was cleared when i came back to it. I submitted logs from the app. So, it seems as if it updated even with the error message from Channels.

I went ahead and ran the firmware update from the HDHomeRun config app again, as the unit was suddenly flaky.

All seems fine now, but not the best user experience.