Fix Interrupted Recording

How do I remove/delete/mark an interrupted recording so if that episode comes along again it will not be skipped because DVR "thinks" it has been recorded already?

1 Like

Find a new airing of the program in the guide. Click on Program, click on the "recorded' button, select "Mark as not recorded" then delete the old recording.

So I have to wait until the bad recording shows up again in the dvr schedule and select it there. But there is now way to do before? I have season pass and I might forget about it before it comes along again.

The interruption does not necessarily mean the program didn't record. Sometime the DVR may recieve a glitch in the signal due to commercial transitions. The program will playback as normal. Just look at the "view details" and look at the info like duration. Also you can "edit commercials" and look and see the recording.

1 Like

There's a setting in the Pass itself to allow it to re-record deleted recordings. You need to:

1. Bring up the webpage for the DVR server (eg: http://:8089)
  2. Click on DVR->Passes
  3. Find the pass you want to edit and click the upsidedown triangle to the right and choose "Advanced"
  4. Check the box next to "Re-record deleted episodes"
3 Likes

You also have to make sure that your Pass is setup to record all not just new episodes.

1 Like

I believe you can go to the web ui and select the recording in question. Check the option In the drop down box to re-record deleted episode and you’re good to go.

I have the web ui address saved as a favorite on my phone so I can fix it while I’m watching TV and don’t have to go to my computer.

1 Like

The only place I could find is under DVR passes. I could select a scheduled recording and it it says recorded the. I could choose checkbox not recorded. I was hoping for another way. Now I have to wait until it comes up and remember to set it.

Mine will show the next show below the one I have recorded. Can you just select the next recording and schedule it?

carterbunch,

You need to navigate to this screen/tab in the DVR's web UI. Find the pass you want to modify, click the triangle and choose Advanced...

And then you can get at the re-record option...