Folders for DVR

Thanks Guys! I guess I should just record a movie and show and see! Appreciate your help!

I have found that unfortunately Movies recorded off Pluto are put into the TV show folder instead of the correct Movies folder causing me to have to move to the correct folder.

This was fixed.

Pluto Movies - Channels Android TV - Channels Community (getchannels.com)

1 Like

hmm. Then why does this happen to me? I had it happened yesterday.

1 Like

Maybe it is a new bug.

I'm using the most stable release. Is that the right one? 2020.12.12.0204

What source are you using for the playlist and EPG? The XMLTV file needs to classify the programme as a movie. (I believe the programme element needs to have a category of "Movie" in order for Channels to recognize it as such.)

I believe this was fixed in a prerelease.

I've recorded a lot of movies on Pluto and not noticed any that didn't go into Movies in Channels. I'm running Pluto on Docker.

https://techzyon.com/epg/plutotv_guide.xml

You should be using the Docker.

don't know what the docker is.

That's your problem. That XMLTV file is not nearly as robust as others, and does not classify movies as such. As has been repeatedly stated, using that source for input sources in Channels will lead to issues, and won't be supported.

Docker

And,

oh yeah. Too much work and bandwidth for me to bother to do that. Glad it can be done but that just makes Channels a lot less interesting. I'm removing pluto and stirr for now. Thanks guys.

That's fine if you don't want to do it, but in case others read this, using Docker is not a lot of work to setup.

It is 3 steps. 1. Install Docker (took about 5 minutes on a Mac Mini and I've never used it before), 2. Run the commands to download, install and start Pluto on Docker. (took less time to do than it did to read the couple of commands in the instructions.) 3. Add the source. (the hardest part was getting the urls right for the m3u and playlist, but that is well described here now. Took less than 10 minutes, and I've opened up a lot of additional content.

1 Like

That actually is quite simple to install and set up. Works like a charm.

1 Like

Edit: Got it to work. Took forever. Now do I need to keep running Docker or will the files I created keep me fresh and up-to-date?

The docker container has to be left running so that it can regularly fetch new guide data.

ah! Thanks!