Force a Metadata update

anyway that a metadata update can be run without the need to rescan the entire folders?
have folders look like this.

i know i can do one at a time with folder matching but, when u have over 1k.. its pain in the ass to do. Can the gnote not get their sh together and search right..?

If they didn't match with the original filenames or folder names, they won't match again if you rescan.

If you are editing folder names to try to rescan to see if it works better after the edit, I would edit all your folder names first, and then do a scan. Deleting the IMDB id from those folder names would be a good first step, as those are messing up our scanning. We don't support that, so they're being used in the query to look up your show, which is providing no results.

What you can do instead is just use the Fix Incorrect Match function on the unmatched show. Find the show in your Channels DVR Server web admin, use Fix Incorrect Match (or Find Match in the case where it has no match), and edit the query it's using to find your show. In your case, it's using that whole title. Edit to be just the title of the show, and you should get results. Find your match, click it, and it will index the show.

But, editing out the [imdb-xxx] from the folder name would most likely give you instant results without having to manually fix incorrect match on each show.

1 Like