Force a specific collection in the guide from the server

Occasionally some of my clients will switch back from the "Favorites" guide collection, back to the "All Channels" collection. The conditions this occurs in are intermittent (if I had to guess it would be at initial app install and after an update).

It's great to be able to completely hide the collections from the guide navigation, but it would be wonderful if one could force a particular guide collection back onto the client, from the server (in my case it would be "Favorites"). Since if you hide the collections navigation from the guide via the server, there's no way to go back and change the client collection if it somehow reverts to "All channels"

Also, if I'm missing how one can do that today, apologies, and could some kind soul point me in the right direction?

If I understand you correctly, why don’t you just create a custom channels collection that you call favorites and assign it to the client from the server. Hide the original favorites. Maybe I’m misunderstanding though.

Don’t think that will work, since the problem is the client reverting back to “All Channels” not that it looses the options.

Can a custom list be “forced” as the only available option to the channel collection on the guide?

You can hide all channels if you prefer. That is how I have my guide set up. I created a “main channel” channel collection in the order I preferred and with only the channels I wanted to surf through. All others get filtered into “movies on now” or “live sports” or other categories I’ve set up.

You can also set a start up section on web ui for all clients. You can select the app to start up on a specific channel, collection and a few other sections.

Sure. You can force to hide default collections and you can force only a single custom collection to show on the client. Create a channels collection and name it and enable it on the client then force hide all the other categories. Server side under general > live tv

How to setup channels collection

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.