Force DVR to check for new WAN ip?

Is there a way to force the dvr ddns to update? A few times now it has had trouble connecting remotely and it is because my WAN ip changed. Duckdns picks that right up but channels takes a while.

that should be done at the router. log into your router and set ddns there.

My DDNS works fine, I can even access the web ui using my own ddns, I have no control over when Channels ddns updates, unless there is a hidden command in the web ui.

My DDNS works fine, I can even access the web ui using my own ddns, I have no control over when Channels ddns updates, unless there is a hidden command in the web ui.Blockquote

either i am not understanding you or you are not making sense. if your ddns works fine and you can access the web ui (which web ui? the channels dvr web ui?) then it works. if you can access it, you can access it, channels doesnt need ddns updates since you can access the ui. if you can access it, what cant you control? no idea what you are saying.

how do you have ddns setup? on a computer? if its done only on the router, then the router takes care of everything inside your network.

:man_facepalming:t3: I have my own ddns setup using duckdns, it works. Channels uses it's own ddns for remote access and authorization (my.channelsdvr.net). Channels ddns is separate from the one setup on my router, it isn't user controlled rather part of the DVR. The problem I have is that channels ddns service is slow to update.

@tmm1 is there a way to tell the dvr to update the ddns ip?

Open http://x.x.x.x:8089/auth/refresh

You can also toggle the remote access button on the web ui off and back on