Fox @ 4k HDR

How do you get Fox 4K? Through TVE or EPlusTV? I've only been able to get 4K on FS1 broadcasts.

1 Like

Both TVE and EPlus when it's aired in 4k.
You'll see it was enabled for Fox TVE during the Superbowl this year if you scroll up.
Start reading posts from here

All I got out of that discussion was that it never worked on Fox via TVE.

Thats strange because both 4k and HDR definitely worked. It was also discussed by several people that it worked. Some of the discussions were in real time. In fact, most of the discussion are from people reporting that it's working. Most of the reports of it working start on Jan. 12 - Feb 14.

Well whatever works, I'd like to know how because I have the 4K toggle set for TVE and all I get is 720p on Fox for the world cup. I never saw the post that said that it worked so if you have something let me know.

It certainly worked for the Super Bowl. I have been using Peacock to watch the WWC. You could always use the Fox Sports App for 4K.

It worked for quite a few Fox Sports events that were in 4K HDR.

The checkbox is still there on the latest prerelease.
Only certain events are streamed on Fox ch6002 in 4k.
Check your app or this website https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/360011483011-What-events-in-4K-HDR-are-coming-up-on-fuboTV-
Assuming you can actually view Fox ch6002 (have been issues lately).
You need to start viewing/recording after the stream changes from 720p to 4k, sometimes minutes after the event starts, or you will continue seeing it in 720p (unless that has changed).

You would know all this if you were here during Superbowl, or if you read the thread.

2 Likes

2023.07.28.1829 still has the 4K box.

Think you have to have a TVE source enabled and loaded first to see it.
Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 13-03-39 Channels Settings

Yeah well there's the problem, I'm not babysitting this thing.

1 Like

Maybe they could/should add a start later option to recordings rather than only starting early options.

1 Like

That would be nice if they could use the same one you have in a pass that does negative padding (and custom user choice in seconds)

If you set up a pass you can change to start late. Not sure why it’s not an option in one time recording

1 Like

Thanks, does anyone know how many minutes you have to start late to get 4k? The world cup starts the match not long after the hour so you can't really add a lot of padding if you want to catch the whole thing.

Yet another reason why we really need an easy way to do manual recordings. Boggles the mind as to why this isn't a stock part of the client given that every other DVR has this feature.

1 Like

I went to the guide and opened the Twins game on FS1. Channels pulled in the 4k feed on my AppleTV (I could tell right away because of the mode switching as I have my ATV set for 4kSDR and match range and frame rate). The issue is the picture looks very dark. I opened up the fox sports app and selected the same game and it played 4KHDR perfectly. Anyone else experience this?

1 Like

I have been watching it on my FireTV 4K Max 2nd gen and it is playing ok not dark at all.

1 Like

The 4K looks great on the shield tv. Not dark at all so it doesn’t seem to be the feed.

1 Like

I have the 2021 ATV4k and HDR LG TV. I have the ATV set at SDR with res and frame rate match. When I tuned to FS1 my TV switched to the HDR mode, but it was darker. I tuned to another channel and the tuned back to FS1. Stats show FS1 in 4k HDR, but the TV did not switch modes this time. The picture is normal brightness.

It looks great and my TV automatically switched to Sports Mode ... 2160P UHD HDR.