Fox @ 4k HDR

Is this going to be built into regular TVE soon? Thanks

2 Likes

The sound is flat sounds like stereo on the APP rather watch OTA.

Pic is way better tho.

1 Like

ATSC 3.0 Is pretty good too. When watching on the APP I missed the load crowd noise.

Yup. So I get sound from OTA and get picture from Fox app. I have to hit pause on the sound maybe once or twice a game to keep it in perfect sync.

No it doesn’t. :sob:

Not my ATSC 3.0. The ATSC1 feed in the Omaha market is noticeably better than the 3.0

I do not use Channels to watch ASTC 3.0 Programs Volume is too low and drops frames .. Instead, I use the HDHomeRun APP.

Im watching the 3.0 feed through Channels and for me (Charlotte market) it is darn near as good as the 4k feed from the app. I really can’t tell the difference. I’ve flipped them back and forth between both screens

2 Likes

I totally agree... but channels must do something with the Audio where the HDHomeRun app has digital passthrough which sounds great on my Dolby Atmos.

1 Like

I don’t have Atmos in my living room where the two TVs are mounted, just 5.1but channels handles that just fine. I DO have Atmos in my theatre room, but only a 1080p projector so no benefit from the 4k feed.

Also, I hate the HDHomerun app. Lol. It’s horrible. I only use it if I absolutely have no other choice. But it is interesting to know that it does audio pass through.

The ATSC 3.0 feed in my market is 1080p rather than 720p. So, it's not bad. But I'd rather watch in HDR which my ATSC 3.0 feed doesn't offer.

1 Like

Why would the HDHR app handle the 3.0 tunings any differently than Channels DVR?

HDhomerun App has 3 different settings for Audio stereo, 5.1 and digital passthrough.

2 Likes

What's the bitrate of your Fox ATSC3 station?

I was referring to what you said about Channels DVR dropping frames and the native HDHR app not dropping frames with ATSC3. Is this true and what can be done to fix it?

1 Like

Here are the Bitrates for my ATSC3 stations (3 minute average):

3.1 (CBS): 5.26
6.1 (NBC): 5.65
7.1 (ABC): 5.01
15.1 (KXVO): 1.62
42.1 (FOX): 2.37

I have no Idea all I know is that on my FireTV watching an ATSC 3.0 Channel it drops frames and the crawls at the bottom of the screen are not smooth none of these problems exist when using the Homerun APP on the same device and channel.

Not sure. Where do I find that info? Direct from the HDHomerun?

Make sure you are playing back in full quality (no transcoding) and turn on Stats.