FOX TVE ATT "Stream experiencing technical difficulties"

I'm having another issue with FOX TVE again. This time the error is constantly "This stream is experiencing technical difficulties". Its been like this for the past week.

Latest version of TVE. I already tried disabling then re-enabling TVE, no luck.

1 Like

That sounds like the type of error being sent directly from Fox. How is the error message conveyed?

(If it is Fox giving the message, then there is nothing for Channels to do, as it is merely displaying what is being sent.)

I have it too on WOFL in Orlando. Nothing you can do, it's on Fox end.

I'm seeing it too with WAGA in Atlanta. It's on Fox's end and not an issue with Channels. The fact that it's been that way for a week makes me wonder if Fox has decided to shut down TVE for local O&O affiliates.

The Fox O&O stations work on this website https://www.foxlocal.com/
But pretty sure Channels DVR doesn't use those.
None of the Affiliate stations work through Channels DVR Fox TVE 6002 not working

Thanks for the responses. This is with WAGA Atlanta as well.

Hopefully it’s just temporary and not blocked entirely.

Sigh. Yet another live stream that will need to be handled by Chrome capture I guess.

TVE is dying for the major nets.

Fox Local is strictly for local newscasts, not live feeds of stations.

Not true for all. KTTV in LA is live feed. I'm watching it right now.

1 Like

WOFL is a loop of news, some live some not. Not the linear channel in other words.

1 Like

Me too! FOX has been reporting THIS STREAM IS EXPERIENCING technical difficulties out of Dallas, Texas for the past couple weeks. Of course it works fine through hulu locally...

I have a feeling they killed the TVE feed when they killed the Fox now app, at least for the O&O stations. Fox.com/live has been broken ever since too.

All I have left now via TVE is CBS, I can get NBC via HDMI or Chrome encoder and PBS via the who knows how it works docker container.

I can't get Fox or ABC at all, have to record them with my U-verse DVR. So as I said TVE is dying on the major nets.

1 Like

OK, well Fox Support said they were live network station feeds. I can't verify as none of them are my local station (Fox Affiliate).

Here in LA KTTV (an O&O station) the TVE stream works fine with Channels.

They're not the live network feed, there's no authentication so anyone on the web can watch them. Try watching one.

I opened a case with Fox support about this and they tried to redirect me to Fox local, I responded and said no this is the TVE authenticated stream and got crickets after that.

1 Like

In response to your removed question, I know it is the actual feed because I can watch afternoon syndicated programming in addition to the morning news and prime time programming.

I see what you mean. I give up trying to figure it out.

1 Like

Based on this thread and others, it looks like the TVE stream is still working for WYNW in NYC and KTTV in LA. The majority of the other Fox O&O markets are still seeing the techinical difficulties error.