Frame drops on AppleTV

Build 3.1.1542
This has happened on 2 of my appletvs so far. Watching a recording and I notice a constant stutter. Looking at stats i see about 3-4 frame drops every second. If i force quit channels and reopen the problem goes away.

This just happend a minute ago. Recording was playing fine and then I skipped back a bit on the timeline. Then the picture froze. The appletv seemed to lockup and wouldnt respond to anything. Then channels crashed. I reopened channels and then i had frame drops. I submitted diagnostics right after then replayed the same recording and frame drops were gone. Also sometimes i can get it to stop if i pause for a couple seconds and then resume.

I'll try to narrow this down to a specific build...

@tmm1 @maddox @eric
I found a 4k recording that I could repro this on consistently. I kept rolling back until i found the build that didnt contain the issue.
Build 2.26.1644 does NOT have the issue
Build 2.26.2252 has the frame skip issue.

Happy to upload the recording somewhere if it helps. It happens consistently on that mkv file and occasionally on tve recorded content. Havent seen it on OTA recordings yet.

what audio/video driver settings?

what does view details show for that mkv? is it using atmos?

Default video and experimental audio. No atmos just 4k hdr.

It happens all the time on the hdr mkv file. It happens sporadically on tve recordings. 2.26.1644 works without frame skips for any content I play

Okay thx. Can you confirm default audio driver works ok in latest beta

Looks like wirh the latest build and default audio driver the problem does not happen

This should be fixed in the latest build.