Freezing issue Nvidia Shield

Has anyone found a fix for this? I'm experiencing a problem with watching ESPN on the Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) using the Channels DVR app. ESPN freezes constantly and has to be backed out of to try to watch it again. The only way that I've been able to watch ESPN on the Nvidia Shield TV Pro is to record it and watch the recording. ESPN does not freeze when using the Sling TV app. I didn't experience this problem before replacing an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K with the new Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019). The Nvidia Shield is wired (gigabit) and the Channels DVR server runs on a WD My Cloud PR4100. This problem isn't experience when using three other Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K devices or when using Apple TV. If an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K is connected to the same network cable for testing, ESPN doesn't freeze.

TVE channels i have had freeze and the buffer keeps going though still, is the 24/7 channels, like Rick & Morty, whenever they transition to a new episode. Also, happens sometimes on some Discovery channels, where they have different than the show stream commercials shoved in. like lower resolution or something.

Is your ESPN from a TVE source? If not, if it is from a HDHR Prime or OTA, then may be a different issue than what i sometimes have. ( i dont have ESPN)

Yes, ESPN is from the TVE source, Sling TV. It's freezing during the shows; consequently, live events like the recent college football championship couldn't be watched live.

I would start by submitting diagnostics via the app and server after this happens.

1 Like

@speedingcheetah, thanks and I'll do that. Maybe, one of the developers will see what's causing the problem.