Freezing/pixelation after switching to mycloud ex4100

I used to have my Channels system running on a mac mini and always worked flawlessly. I picked up a WDMycloud Ex4100 and decided to move everything over to the new NAS drive. Now when watching live tv, I intermittently get pixelation and freezing, and then it will stream again perfectly for 5-10 minutes no matter what channel I am on. Anyone ever have this issue?

Live tv doesn’t usually go through the NAS. Do you have tuner sharing enabled in the app?

Yes it is, but this is when only using one Apple TV at a time.

Does it happen with tuner sharing off?

Well I took a look this morning and tuner sharing WAS off for some reason.

Okay… if Tuner Sharing is off then the Apple TV is connecting directly to your HDHR and it doesn’t matter where your DVR is running. It sounds like a bad wifi connection at the Apple TV location.

My whole house is hard wired. Like I said, it worked perfectly before I moved the system to the NAS drive. The only WiFi devices in my home are laptops and cell phones, other than that I have cat6 ran everywhere.

Okay, I understand. If its wired then it should better. But like I said, the NAS has nothing to do with it. You could turn the NAS off and still watch live tv. Maybe it’s worth doing that to see if the issue still happens.

You could also try other apps on the same Apple TV to see if the same issue occurs. InstaTV and VLC are both free and can stream from your HDHR.

Next time this happens please go to the bottom of the Settings tab and click Submit Diagnostics

Okay just now submitted diagnostics

The stream is showing signs of heavy corruption. Something is not working correctly on your network, or perhaps you have a bad cable somewhere.

Please try the InstaTV app on the same Apple TV to see if it has the same problem.