Frndly TV Enhancement

Is there any chance that they will make this service workable without the need of the Docker…For some reason, the Docker uses so much RAM on my computer

1 Like

Use the Python code to do it. I've never ran the docker (too much of a PIA to hook a monitor/KB up to the PC and go into the BIOS when it's rack mounted) and I've never really noticed much memory use an on 8 GB box.

see this topic

This is my own assumption. I am not trying to speak for the developers. But I do believe that this Frndly Docker implementation may be too big of a "gray area" to natively provide within ChannelDVR. Basically having the Custom Channels system on ChannelsDVR allows third party developers to independently design solutions, avoiding the need to add one off built-in solutions that would require programming, support, and even possible legal exposure.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Okay Y’all - I have absolutely loved learning how to use Channels DVR. I installed it on my Mac mini a year or so ago. I absolutely love this service. I was able to figure out and get through doing the docker for FRNDLY tv but I would like to try Python 3. I have never installed or used it before…so I am excited to learn about it over this weekend.

With that being said, if I all I am going to use Python just for being able to use Frndly tv in channels DVR…..is there any tips or advice anyone can share with me? I know…I am a dummy and have no idea what I am doing or even understand what I am doing..lol. But I have made it this far with using that script and docker…so I like this stuff.

3 Likes