Frndly TV for Channels

I just selected 'Reload M3U' in the webUI - source - settings for frndly. Picked up the change.

Thanks deb. Tried that but it still fails to launch Catchy Comedy with the following error:

"Could not fetch playlist: 192.168.0.150:8183:get http//192.168.0.150:8183/play/decades.m3u8: 500 Internal Server Error"

Any ideas?

It's now showing up in the guide as Catchy Comedy, but when trying to record I'm get the pretty much the same error:

! Failing: could not start stream on channels=[9017]: M3U: Could not fetch playlist 127.0.0.1:8183: get http://127.0.0.1.8183/play/decades.m3u8: 500 Internal Server Error▼

I see what you are seeing. The old decades channel now seems to be labeled Catchy but it doesn't work. I have a second listing for Catchy in the guide, and the guide listing says Catchy Banner. That channel does work. Just no guide data.

Also, in my client, for Frndly source, I had to unhide the new catchy channel. Not sure why that was hidden in the first place.

Aha - that's it! It's probably just that the station ID's need to be switched or else map the Catchy Banner channel to Decades TV. When I did the latter, the guide for Catchy Banner showed the Decades lineup. I saw Love American Style on the Catchy Banner channel and it is playing and recording fine right now.

Thanks for your prompt action on this!

I got it working so that the new "Catchy Banner" channel is the one that actually plays and records once it is mapped to Decades, while the channel labeled "Catchy Comedy" does not. It seems that the labels just need to be swapped.

@matthuisman

This channel should be removed. The slug is no longer valid
"46": {
"gracenote": 122694,
"slug": "decades"
}

This is the new channel that works and gets guide data
"51": {
"gracenote": 122694,
"slug": "catchy_comedy"
}

Thanks

done :slight_smile:

Thanks!
The old Decades channel that had been renamed to Catch Comedy and wasn't tuning is now gone. This leaves the new one ("51") working fine with the exception that in my guide it is still named "Catchy Comedy Banner". Is there any way to change the label to just "Catchy Comedy"?

Thanks. Not sure what happened, but now Catchy Comedy channel is missing.
I no longer see it in your app.json file for FrndlyTV
It was there yesterday when I looked.
"51": {"gracenote": 122694,"slug": "catchy_comedy"}

Also, the old Decades channel which no longer works is now listed as a channel with no guide data and doesn't stream.
"46": {"gracenote": null,"slug": "decades"}

yeah, Not working at all for me. Catchy shows up in the Frndly2 guide and it looks like there is a Catchy guide to map to it. But not streaming.

Looks like it is trying to bring up catchy comedy.m3u with an internal server error.
Hopefully, the link will eventually get straightened out.
When i saw the logos earlier this week they did have a icon for digital.
Thanks for all the great help and upkeep.

I just checked again and the "Catchy Comedy Banner" channel (9051 in my lineup) that I mapped to Decades is still working for me, while the old Decades channel (9017) that was renamed to Catchy Comedy (without guide data) is no longer there.

looks like 46 is correct for catch_comedy.
I had removed this after a previous reply above.

so maybe frndly moved it back

Yes, working now. It's mapped to CatchHD so I forced the guide to update. Thanks.

It was in the middle of recording Night Court on Catchy Comedy Banner (9051 in my lineup) when I saw this and did an M3U update. I guess it'll have to finish the Night Court recording to truly update because even though I'm seeing Catchy Comedy again (9017 in my lineup) it is showing no guide data.

Okay, Night Court finished recording and I can now tune to Catchy Comedy (9017) via Watch Now, but there is no guide data yet. The guide data is still on Catchy Comedy Banner (9051) but I can no longer do a Watch Now, so I guess I'm in between phases at the moment.

1 Like

hi there,
Thanks so much for fixing the channel.

I had no guide data earlier. Reloading the M3U for both Frndly Sources, and fetching guide updates did the trick. All seems good now. Thanks Everyone! @matthuisman - You Rock!

I've reloaded the M3U for both sources multiple times over that last 40 minutes and done every kind of guide download and source matching I've ever tried and Catchy Channel Banner continues to have the guide data but I cannot tune to it/watch it and Catchy Channel has NO guide data but I CAN "Watch Now".
I think something is stuck, as I cannot access the Catchy Channel Banner via Manage Lineup any more, but it's holding onto all the guide data and won't go away from the guide.

BTW, is everyone else seeing the CatchyHD lineup that Deb mentioned above, because I'm still seeing nothing but Decades that has the proper lineup.

It's really strange that I had a working workaround solution using the Catchy Channel Banner channel for the last few days while it seemed nobody else did, and now others have the issue solved while I cannot get any guide data that I can record with.