From New Zealand? Post your channels app experience here!

Thought I’d give an update as i’ve been using the software on my apple tv for a couple of weeks now.

Well there isn’t much to say other than it’s the business! Well worth the money! It has not skipped a beat once and has worked flawlessly. I have had no buffering issues or pixelated screens whatsoever!

The thing I love about it and also the wife loves this as well is that we only have to use one remote to control the everything with the added bonus of using the apple tv remote app on our phones as well. My tv has CEC so when I turn the apple tv on the tv turns on and i’ve got access to everything we need - channels app for live freeview as well as all the other tv apps we use on the apple tv for on demand tv, games, NBA etc. I only now use two inputs in my hifi setup. One for the apple tv and the other for the PS4 (which I rarely use).

Some constructive feedback:
My only con and i’m really nitpicking now is the show/channel art. It would be cool if we were able to load up our own channel logos so if the channels app can’t get the picture art for the show or doesn’t know what it is then instead of defaulting to the purple tv logo with the plain writing of the channel we can have the channel logo displayed instead. This would make the look of channels even more polished. Not sure if this has been discussed before but hopefully the developers are reading this.

1 Like

I have an app called iPlayTV which allowed this. I use it for my IPTV subscription. Adding your own channel art worked really well on it and I think this is a really good shout bud. Fill in all the blanks.
I’ve got CEC on my AV amp and TV. The whole lot powers on and off, it’s fantastic. I switch between watching TV and listening to music loads throughout the day. Now it’s all available with the click of a single Apple remote, Channels, Apple Music, Netflix iPlayTV, News etc etc.
Really glad your happy with the purchase. :+1:t2:

Just an update for those in NZ using the channels app. I’ve been working with @tmm1 with the NZ channel logos in beta and they are looking great! We have the latest logos as well with the rebranding of TVNZ and 3 networks recently. They should be out in the next update hopefully. Thanks heaps @tmm1 for doing this. It makes the app look way nicer with the channel logos on there.

JT.

1 Like

I'm thinking of trying channels DVR. Can anyone post on how this is working for them in NZ?
How is the EPG outta the box? what's the best option to get the full experience with best Channel ART etc.

thanks!