Fubo TV project

The Fubo Radio stuff is great.
If you have things hooked up you can put on a station and start enjoying the party.
The service apparently does crossfading and it works great for background music.
docker is great.
From what i can tell with Fubo, the stations that were removed can easily be put back through TVE.
Funny part is Fubo doesn't even talk about it so very nice.
Wide open TVE.

3 Likes

yeah, just saw this announcement.
https://ir.fubo.tv/news/news-details/2023/Fubo-and-Super-Hi-Fi-Announce-Partnership-to-Add-the-Worlds-First-Fully-Branded-Fast-Channel-Radio-Service-to-the-Fubo-Streaming-Experience/default.aspx

1 Like

No special characters. upper/lower/number is the mix on the password. 12 char long.

Update. Went to the fubo site and change my password to something else, but at the same complexity level. Went back to Docker and reran the docker command. Boom, everything worked. I went back to the site and changed my password back to the previous one and reran docker and old password worked. I'm all set. Thanks!

2 Likes

Docker is connected here.

will channels die if we can't get around drm?

1 Like
2 Likes

The custom player seems to be a sticking point for a few feature requests. Obviously there is another elephant in the room when it comes to DRM, but live TV playback seems to work fine when you export the m3u and use it elsewhere. Perhaps the ability to use a different player should be a feature request, so many people can get basic features working like chromecast at the expense of whatever else the custom player does. Perhaps virtual channels?

My point here is that playing anything that is DRMed is a challenge. Not only does there need to be a player of some sort that can feed the decrypted stream to Channels, the key also needs to be known for decryption, in addition to the dash URL. Of those three, I have one. I cannot confirm anything I have found effectively plays the DASH MPD file as I do not have the key for decryption.

I would search the web for drm scripts or drmstuff. I think there is a ton of information there that could help with drm playability.

Again, does no good without the ability to obtain the license/key for decryption.
DRM was not my focus for this project and beyond me at this point.

Between the use of the docker and ADBTuner along with a good Android box and hDMI encoder, most of the content from Fubo can be brought in.
I appreciate what can be brought in with the docker. Vlc-bridge does a great job.

Those of you using this Fubo TV solution... what solution did you choose for the networks Fubo doesn't have like A&E/Lifetime/History etc? Did you just pick up a separate sub to FrndlyTV?

Probably speaks volumes about my viewing habits, but those aren't on my radar.....

I don't watch a ton of shows on them (especially Lifetime) but they would be missed if gone. Also, does the Fubo stream limit matter when using this solution?

can a youtube tv vlc bridge be created?

1 Like

depends on your package, but i’ve have 5 concurrent going through the container.

i also have frndly… was hard to turn down that annual option.

hls tube

History and Lifetime come in through TVE with Fubo, but I also have Frndly for A&E

The TVE stuff for those channels is quite easily available including A&E plus lifetime etc.
I have 156 channels under TVE on Fubotv.
Nice lineup if you have it all lined out nice.

1 Like

This is no longer being developed, and was for live-stream videos on regular the YouTube service (www.youtube.com) anyway. It does not, and never, did work on the live TV channels on the YouTube TV subscription service that is at tv.youtube.com.

Does TVE also include the Turner networks? (TBS, TNT, etc)? I see those are missing from the lineup.

1 Like