Fubo TV project

In the OliveTin-for-Channels project, I'm doing my best to keep an up-to-date yaml (docker compose) for every known Channels extension or related project. Sample environment variables where helpful too.

There's an OliveTin action button with a drop-down to pick a project for copy-and-paste into Portainer-Stacks.

1 Like

Thanks, I'll look it up. Things tend to get spread around in the forums.

So true. Bringing all of these "scripts & tricks" together, along with a more manged approach to container-based projects, are among the goals for OliveTin.

Glad to see you're using Watchtower -- that's just just the kind of project many would benefit from, but it seems few use.

A splash of Portainer, a dash of Watchtower, and a pinch of OliveTin -- and chaos can be turned to order. :slight_smile:

Agree, I have noticed after the change from HLS to MPEG-TS that some of my channels are buffering. (FNC) I had not noticed this previously, Maybe just a pure coincidence. I switched back to the FuboTV interface to see if there was a feed problem, but there things seem fine.

If the stream is no longer just a simple redirect, your hardware platform will factor in. What are you running Docker on?

1 Like

For those wondering under the hood, code is using streamlink pypl for stream playback.
streamlink · PyPI

The reason for this was primarily because the URL generated by the Fubo API require the stream to be played from the local network and cannot play when attempting to view remotely (such as via Tailscale). Therefore the stream is played within the docker

Can you make a vlc redirect for hulu live tv?

Synology DS920+

1 Like

Done.
Created a new docker for simple HLS redirect instead - jgomez177/vlc-bridge-fubo-hls

docker run -d -e 'FUBO_USER=<username>' -e 'FUBO_PASS=<password>' -p 7777:7777 -v config_dir:/app/Config --name vlc-bridge-fubo jgomez177/vlc-bridge-fubo-hls

Aaand just realized this isn't what you asked - lol

Unfortunately the way Hulu is built isn't the same as Fubo, so I can;t

1 Like

Thanks, Like I say it may have just been a coincidence, if the issues continue I'll switch back. To HLS. Hard to track things down with so many moving parts. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the hard work.
We will keep going with the new update.
if at some point we need the HLS version, we will go from there.

2 Likes

Yes, Thanks for the hard work. I continued experiencing spinning wheel of death on the Channels App on AppleTV with the MPEG docker, running channels DVR on Synology DS920+ so I ended up installing the HLS version and will run with it for awhile and see if the issues pop back up. On an additional note, I did not issue the new docker compose with the MPEG version, I just changed the source settings from HLS to MPEG-TS. Is it possible the absence of the folder structure for the json file was causing the hang?

You would have had to do a new pull and compose before updating the CDVR to MPEG-TS

I came to the same conclusion and did just that. I'm able to see the JSON in the volume I created, but the freezing issue has kept up. So back to the HLS, so far no issues.

So original install about a week ago for me was running well. The upgrade to MPEG seems to cause buffering/freezing. Return to HLS with the new JSON and so far so good. Thanks

Went back to the HLS tocker.
Too much buffering. I could watch but oh well.

@joagomez, I noticed you added streamlink to your Docker image. There's a bug/misfeature in streamlink that I've encountered before and it's affecting your latest image, at least for me. The bug is that when choosing a stream, streamlink uses the first stream with the highest resolution and ignores the frame rate. In my case, Fubo often lists the stream with the highest frame rate second. For example, for a normally 720p60 stream, Fubo gives them to me in an order like 720p30, 720p60, 480p30, etc. I even have at least one case where this hapens with 1080p too. For my local, CBS affiliate, Fubo lists the streams like 1080p30, 1080p60, 720p30, 720p60, etc. As a result, I often get a lower frame rate than I should using your latest image. FWIW, I've worked around this issue in the past by using yt-dlp instead of streamlink as it does a better job of choosing the "best" stream.

An easy way to check for the problem is to play the HLS stream with mpv. Mpv lists the available streams in the order provided and marks the one that it chooses as best.

Thanks for the feedback, can you try the version 1.13 that I just uploaded. I've noticed how fubo sends the feeds as you noted and modified the logic. I did test on my CBS and was now getting 1080p60, but did not see a stream that had both 720p60 and 720p30 (though I admit didn't search very hard)

how can I try 1.13? much appreciated

thanks

Pull the latest version