Fubo TV project

Yea they switched to DRM

I'am not sure if they did, I think they just completely changed their manifest.

1 Like

Would be awesome if like PlayOn, one could automatically download or stream DVR content from the FuboTV app. I'm assuming this does not exist because the DVR content would also have DRM for channels like ABC and Disney.

1 Like

Wouldn't make sense to use the Fubo DVR because Channels is much better.
If you have the ADB Tuner and hardware in place, you could bring in the DRM content using the app directly and record on Channels.
I do not need missing channels as of now but if they DRM something, I will just push it through the app with ADBTuner.

Thanks I'll look into it, I own only Apple stuff, to my dismay.

I use apple as my main driver.
I purchased 2 ONN boxes plus but an HDMI. network encoder and set up the AADB Tuner docker.
I'm able to pull Fubo, Sling, YTTV and Philo.

good luck.

how many channels at one time?

If you use Fubo natively, you can have up to 4 channels at one time.
Device has to have the resources.

I did figure out the calls to obtain DVR data. However it does appear to be an effort to script it out. Plus as you guessed, if the recording is DRMed if it was originally aired with DRM

Thanks, the DRM thing tripped me up. I was thinking it would have been a great way to get that missing stuff into channels....but DRM grrrrrrr! Guess just keep scheduling that stuff in the app, and switch over when needed. Once you go ChannelsDVR it's really hard to go back to any other interface. We all hate being forced to use somebody else's idea of what we want. Channels devs could make a bundle selling their interface to the major providers.

Non DRM DVR recordings can be easily downloaded and imported into channels using a browser extension to find the m3u and ffmpeg to downlaod it. Manual process for each recording, but very quick.

1 Like

Updated Version: 1.12
Did kind of an overhaul of this project as this got more traction, and I've learned some things along the way.
New Updates:

1 - Volume update for Gracenote/Station Data - I've included the ability to update the station ID as needed. Initially this was hardcoded into my code, but now you can add your own station ID information as needed. The file fubo-gracenote.json is now location app/Config folder and is read every time a call is made to the playlist. The json has the following format:

"69687": {"StationID": "59432", "name": "Nickelodeon - NIKHD"},
    "134964": {"StationID": "105893", "name": "Horse & Country - HORACOU", "TimeShift": "-2"},

where:

<fuboID>:  {"StationID": <tvc-guide-stationid>", "name": <Name_for_your_own_reference>, "TimeShift": <epg_shif_for_program_data>}

By default, if there is no StationID then tvc-guide-stationid = fuboID
otherwise tvc-guide-stationid = StationID
If the StationID is set to "" then no tvc-guide-stationid will be added.

JSON formatting is required

2 - Updated Sorting - Since I did not like the way data is read in from the Fubo API - I updated the sorting while still having the channels Fubo lists as "OTA" at the top of the playlist, then sorted alphabetically by group type, then name.

3 - Updated streaming - Some various internal updates but now requires stream type of MPEG-TS (more like the PBS VLC Bridge than a simple redirect)

4 - Other various clean up of the code - Such removing starz and showtime as they are also DRM'd (at least last time I checked), updated Fubo API calls, actually returning the playlist as content-type 'audio/x-mpegurl' type, etc.

Updated docker command:

docker run -d -e 'FUBO_USER=<username>' -e 'FUBO_PASS=<password>' -p 7777:7777 -v config_dir:/app/Config --name vlc-bridge-fubo jgomez177/vlc-bridge-fubo
3 Likes

Nice, I would find it helpful if an always up to date set of install instructions were pinned to the top of the forum. If I read this correctly I need to change the settings for the docker in Channels Server Source from HLS to MPEG-TS. I know my docker updated last night using watchtower.

In the OliveTin-for-Channels project, I'm doing my best to keep an up-to-date yaml (docker compose) for every known Channels extension or related project. Sample environment variables where helpful too.

There's an OliveTin action button with a drop-down to pick a project for copy-and-paste into Portainer-Stacks.

Thanks, I'll look it up. Things tend to get spread around in the forums.

So true. Bringing all of these "scripts & tricks" together, along with a more manged approach to container-based projects, are among the goals for OliveTin.

Glad to see you're using Watchtower -- that's just just the kind of project many would benefit from, but it seems few use.

A splash of Portainer, a dash of Watchtower, and a pinch of OliveTin -- and chaos can be turned to order. :slight_smile:

Agree, I have noticed after the change from HLS to MPEG-TS that some of my channels are buffering. (FNC) I had not noticed this previously, Maybe just a pure coincidence. I switched back to the FuboTV interface to see if there was a feed problem, but there things seem fine.

If the stream is no longer just a simple redirect, your hardware platform will factor in. What are you running Docker on?

1 Like

For those wondering under the hood, code is using streamlink pypl for stream playback.
streamlink ยท PyPI

The reason for this was primarily because the URL generated by the Fubo API require the stream to be played from the local network and cannot play when attempting to view remotely (such as via Tailscale). Therefore the stream is played within the docker

Can you make a vlc redirect for hulu live tv?