Fubo TV project

I found the mistake, thank you!

The collection of docker-compose files I created is designed to reduce/eliminate the need to modify the yaml at all. All variables should be put in the environment variables section of your Portainer-Stack, where quotes are not needed or desired.

1 Like

Your work is amazing. Makes things much easier.

I see that FUBOTV price is now close to $100 was going to recommend it to a Senior but way too pricy, My Cable Plan is Cheaper ... Charging for regional sports now.

1 Like

If you can get cable for under $100, you are very lucky. In Massachusetts, the cheapest package you can get with only 1 TV and minimal recording is around $150, and most people pay around $200 with no premium channels.

Do you rent boxes ... I got rid of all my boxes and use my Firesticks ,,, to watch Cable and record to the cloud. There are many ways to cut your Cable bill.

The minimum Verizon plan comes with one box. In my area, you really can't get under $150, and you only get that by giving up a lot of channels you may want to occasionally watch. It does include their slowest internet, for which I pay $40 per month.

Even with streaming instead of cable boxes (add $20), a decent selection of cable channels (with no premium channels) plus fees and taxes will run $183, and that is the price only for new customers. After the initial period, the price goes to $203.

I'm having a problem with Closed Captions on the Fubo VCL Bridge.

All the channels seem to work fine except two of them. Food Network and Travel Channel do not have CC when run through the VCL Bridge, but all of the other channels do have CC.

I also get CC on Food and Travel when I go through TVE.

What makes these 2 channels special?

Nothing makes these channels "special." The container simply provides what is shown in any web browser. When I went to fubo.tv in a web browser and went to Food Network it showed that "subtitles are not available." The next time after going back later subtitles were available, thus appears to be something on their side.

Keep in mind the stream from the docker comes from Fubo, while the TVE feed comes from discovery.com, so different feeds with different streams

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. I just checked, and the captions are back.

Was there a update on fubo? I can't seem to get it to stream but when I login to site it works.

Working as expected here.

The docker is working perfectly with the service.
Just replaced my Synology drives and fixed up my network configuration. Much nicer!!!

Unable to update container "/vlc-bridge-fubo": Error response from daemon: pull access denied for jgomez177/vlc-bridge-fubo, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.

Message generated by watchtower overnight, has this project died?

1 Like

It looks like @joagomez's repository is gone from Docker. I wonder if Fubo issued a C&D or takedown notice?

it's not on his github backup either... that's doesn't bode well

Unfortunately this is not a project that I will be able to continue/maintain moving forward. Hopefully someone will be able to take up the mantle. It’s been a great learning experience for me to get it to what it is

4 Likes

@joagomez, are you making the code available for others to run with?

@maddox maybe?? :smiley:

1 Like

Does anyone know if the current instances will quit working soon? I have virtual NAS DRM instance that I fired up and I can't get that version of Fubo Project to work (worked previously when I last used it in January). I can access it via http://IP:7777 and it shows the HLS and MPEG links, but when I try and access that iteration I get

2024/04/28 18:40:28.814948 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch9003: M3U: Could not fetch playlist from 192.168.0.9:7777: GET: http://192.168.0.9:7777/fubo/watch-hls/20450: 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
2024/04/28 18:40:28.832772 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch9003-dANY-ip192.168.0.91: M3U: Could not fetch playlist from 192.168.0.9:7777: GET: http://192.168.0.9:7777/fubo/watch-hls/20450: 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR