Full Browser Window video playback

Would like to request video playback that takes up the full browser window, similar to how Plex works. I don't necessarily want to go full screen, but I would like a bigger window then what I get with the PIP window on Safari. On a 5K monitor that PIP window is still sort of tiny. Even fully resized the PIP window only takes up a small section of the screen, and it's fixed to the 4 points of the monitor. Letting the video play in the full browser window would let me dedicated that full browser to a section of the screen and easily move it around as needed.

I was just about to post this exact request but decided to search first just in case. Lo and behold, here it is. :slight_smile: Upvoted.

Maybe not quite what you're looking for, but after hitting the Watch button and the video starts playing, try hitting Command and the + key to zoom the window. (Command and the - key unzooms)

Yeah not quite what I'm hoping for, but still pretty ingenious :smiley:

Agreed we need to do this. We don’t love it in the modal either.

Protip: hold command and drag the PIP window anywhere on your screen.

+Vote, I would like this feature also, I want to be able to resize and position the browser on my screen so I can work and watch at the same time. Currently if I try to resize the browser it shrinks the video.

This exists now. You can use the Full Player option:

1 Like