FXM Live and Recording Issue

Anyone with Youtube TV as provider having issues with FXM Video playing back in 1/2 the speed. This is live and recordings. This is on all device formats and Web UI.

I don't know if this helps but here are screen shots on details to compare to. FXM playback in slow motion in Live and Recorded. SYFY and USA playback as normal. What I see differently is the Tracks. Looks like FXM tracks are reversed. I don't know if that is the issue but thats whats different from the other channels.
FXM Image FXM
AMC Image AMC
SYFY Image SYFY

Not sure if you noticed, but the frame rate of the FXM recording is listed as "NaN", which is computer shorthand for "Not a Number", and often used to indicate an error, such as division by zero and other such error conditions.

Yes I did notice that but didn't know what it meant. I'm familiar with NaN in my line of work HVAC Controls.. Like Is it my DS218+ or should I just remove the channel from my TVE and forget it exist. I really like the channel it's like A&E I'll have to use the providers app to view it.

Does FXM play correctly in their app or on their website?

It's more likely an error in the stream Fox is putting out that doesn't have its frame rate correctly set.

Yes it does play correctly. YouTube TV and the Fox apps are good. I tried them this morning when I got to my office. I thought the issue may me internal in my home, but it does the same thing remotely at my work computers.:sleepy:

I have contacted Disney on this issue and they are looking in to it. When I got home I logged on the FX Now app and its doing the same. I guess no one else watches this channel but me. I google searched and no mention of this issue. Seems fine on provider apps.

1 Like

How about on the FX website? IIRC their app and website use different feeds.

All apps and Web site for FX and FXX are all normal.

You and my wife I guess. She noticed it this week. Same problem. And we both tested on two tv's with the same problem.

It's does the same thing with iOS apps on all my iPads and also on the Roku. They Tell me that my internet speed is slow and I should do a speed test. I told them that their other channels are normal so why would my internet speed be the issue if those are ok. They don't seem to care, as long as no is complaining through the providers. It just started doing this about a week ago.

To anyone that watches FXM its back to normal tonight.

1 Like