G4TV (Launched 11/16/2021)

Is there any way to access the linear G4TV network through Channels? It looks like it may only be available on Xfinity if you have an X1 box (which I obviously don't since I use HDHR with Channels). I don't see on the TV Everywhere listing either.

If they make a live linear stream available on their website accessible with TV Everywhere authentication, then it might be able to be added to Channels. Otherwise, no dice.

For what it's worth, as of last month, they announced they had carriage deals in place with Xfinity TV, as well as Verizon FiOS, Cox, and Philo.

They'll also be streaming on Twitch and YouTube @G4TV, Monday through Friday.

1 Like

If you look at their site, there is no option to watch there. They only list cable/OTT, YouTube and Twitch as ways to watch; an option to use your provider credentials is not there.

So in short, no, G4TV won't work with Channels' TVE implementation.

Hello - YTTV has added G4TV to its line up. Being that I dont see away to watch this channel on G4TV site itself, I will assume that it wont be able to be integrated into ChannelsDVR. But wanted to check here and confirm; YouTube TV - Watch & DVR Live Sports, Shows & News

Also, G4TV Select is on Pluto TV for free. Also a nice way to watch some replays.

I'm so mad at the Pluto "G4 Select" because the metadata is complete garbage. Nothing has a Season/Episode number, original air date, or a unique description. Without that, there is no way to decide if anything is worth recording, or even tuning in to. It's so weird that a "tech" focused channel like G4 is so behind the curb on a TVE stream. G4 is not even integrated into Peacock in any way, even though that is part of their parent company!