Google TV Streamer with Channels

Hi - new to channels and the community. Probably a dumb question, but want to make sure before I make the plunge to buy a Google TV streamer. The question is whether the Channels is available on this device?

Maybe my hesitation is not being able to positively confirm the operating system of the Google TV streamer - is it Android TV?

I'm a Roku person for the past 8 or so years, so before I start down this journey, I want to make sure I'm on the right path(I just bought a couple new Roku Ultra's in the past couple years). Plan to use a HD Homerun DVR with this (have had a Tablo for 8 years as well). After that just using basic streaming apps, Hulu, PBS, Pluto, Tubi, Roku channel and maybe Sling.

Also would be interested feedback on the device from others that are using the Google TV streamer with the HD Homerun or the above apps.

Thanks in advance!

It’s available for Chromecast with Google TV, so it should be available for the Google TV Streamer. And since the Streamer is more powerful, you’ll likely get better performance than you would with the Chromecast.

1 Like

Welcome to Channels and the community!
You will like like it here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes and yes. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are a couple of other threads on this topic.

See this one, for example:

Hopefully, that will help. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you ask the developers, the preferred streamer is the latest Apple TV 4K. It gets all the channels app best features and new features long before any android devices.

1 Like

100% agree. Im an android guy. I once said i will never have an apple device in my house. Now i have 4 appletvs... hands down the best IMHO

Thanks everyone for the super quick replies and help!

I'm also someone that has been known to say "never apple", so that's helpful to know..... Decisions, decisions, and more to research now.... But at least I'm armed with information!

Next step is to get the HD home run installed and up and running.

In that case I’m about to post in for sale section a couple of Nvidia shield TVs you might be interested in.