Google TV Streamer

Upcoming hardware:

1 Like

I bought the Onn Pro 4k from Walmart it is the best media box I ever owned.

2 Likes

have u had any Channels lockup/freeze with the Onn Pro I returned mine for that reason

no

1 Like

no for me too.

1 Like

Ok maybe i had a bad unit as it would lockup when switching channels in the app or just after starting to watch a show.Tried a full reset but returned it after it still acted up. My slightly older Onn box works fine BUT the Pro was definitely snappier.

Better than onn 4K Pro?

1 Like

Not seeing any tech specs as to what cpu/gpu etc it uses. (on the official pages anyways)

No backlit remote or usb ports... :-1: (though, maybe one can use a USB C hub with PD passthrough?)

Wonder how it would compare to the Nvidia Shield TV. Either the Tube model or the Pro model.

I saw a post on Android Police that hints in the firmware pointing to it being the same processor as the Fire Stick Max (2021). Though, it has double the storage and ram.

Ram most important factor overall?

If it has the FireTV 2021 processor equivalent that is really old.... and a lot slower then the Newer FireTV's that are much Cheaper.

1 Like

Actually that processor is not much different from the current generation of Fire TV Stick 4K and the 4K Max.

The Google Streamer is believe to be powered by the MediaTek MT8696. The current gen Fire Stick 4K is powered by the MT8696D and Fire Stick 4K Max is powered by the MT8696T

All three chips use four 4x ARM Cortex-A55 cores just clocked at different speeds. The MT8696 clocks at 1.8GHz, while the MT8696D is at 1.7GHz and the MT8696T is 2.0 GHz.

That said, they are weaker than the current generation fire cube that uses a combination of four ARM Cortex-A73 at 2.2 GHz and four ARM Cortex-A53 at 2.0 GHz (It is unclear which cores are responsible for which functions of the Fire Cube)

2 Likes

That is my go-to device ...