Grid Guide

The current setup is usable but a grid would be nice. I’d also like to be able to switch from channel to channel without having to menu back to the icons.

1 Like

What app did this clip come from?

Looks like it’s Steven Troughton-Smith’s POC app that he made. Was never publicly available.

Will you be making the grid guide so it can be manipulated? Like with the current set up, so you can hide and move channels around. This is a must for a few of us as it allows us to remove all the unwanted stuff and organise our own list, often with HD stuff at the top or grouping certain broadcasters together.

Any sort of change in presentation for the guide will always let you customize it to fit your needs like that. That’s a #1 feature in our book. Filtering down the channels is crucial.

2 Likes

Hi. The current channels app allows you to swipe down on the touch pad which brings up the listings for what’s on now and next on all favourite channels. You can then scroll left or right whilst still watching TV. No need to go back to the main menu of tiles. Unfortunately the Siri Remote doesn’t have a way to just tap to the next channel simply due to the lack of buttons, so it has to be done with on screen interactions.

I’d definitely appreciate this feature. Having a timeline view to see what’s coming up for the rest of the week would bring Channels much closer to what Freeview offers in the UK.

Really exciting news. On another note, I see a lot of comments about people wanting a grid guide style interface for scheduling.

Although I think that would be a great idea, if I’m not mistaken, isn’t there a patent on the grid guide view, which keeps a lot of companies from using it? I think it is really unfortunate these patents exist, but if we don’t ever see it, please keep in mind that that could be the reason. Unless you want to pay more money as a customer to support those licensing fees I suppose.

Edit: Ok I just saw the other thread discussing this feature. Sorry guys :slight_smile:

You are right. It is a Rovi patent :frowning:

Information on Rovi from last year.

http://tinyurl.com/p4v7wn7

I don’t think the Netflix case was about a grid guide - can’t see what Newflix should use a grid guide for? http://www.google.com/patents/US20040100485

You’re right, it was regarding recommendations. How can you patent recommendations. Good old wise judge.

Fling that net across the room and catch the other halves. Boom please :stuck_out_tongue:

A proper EPG is needed. This feature would be much appreciated.

+1 for the Grid Guide

1 Like

This would be outstanding and I actually inquired about this back on Twitter when this first launched. Please add this as it would make my wife extremely happy as well as myself, I’d finally be able to retire my stupid WMC.

If not a grid, how about showing more than 1 next show when a channel is highlighted/in-focus, similar to hdhomerun viewer’s channel info.

1 Like

Grid option would be great. In addition

-recently watched tab, similar to favorites (instatv has this).

-Channel number included with the graphic channel icons.

1 Like

Often the channel icons don’t populate. Reboot will fix it. Any way to force a repopulation of the icons within the app so I don’t need to reboot?

1 Like

I would like the ability to see what shows will be coming on in the future rather than just showing what is coming up next

1 Like