Grid Guide

Yeah, +1 for grid guide here as well

1 Like

+1

Picture-in-picture would be great while browsing the guide as well.

1 Like

A grid guide on the Apple TV application would be great, just like the one on the iOS beta version. +1

1 Like

Grid guide gets my vote

I would really like the iOS Channels grid guide to be added to the AppleTV app. The channel icons work great for a relatively small number of stations (favorites, sports, movies) but it gets busy when you look at a large number of stations. I get over 40 over-the-air stations and prefer the grid guide when looking at all stations.

Grid guide is also great for future programming where the icon view works great for quick view of current programming.

1 Like

Although a grid guide seems like a feature we cannot live without, I am moving to channels to cut my ties with the establishment way of consuming tv content, so I want to see what innovative tool you can develop that moves us all to something we have not imagined.

For grid guide ideas specifically, I would like a channels guide to allow me to link my other ATV media apps as channels in its guide

Would love a grid guide just like the one on iOS. I have also decided that Channels will become the number 1 source of media consumption in my home. Bought 9 AppleTVā€™s today (Plan to add more soon), canā€™t wait for DRM support and DVR! Always willing to test a beta as well :wink:

You are the first person with more ATVā€™s then me that I have heard of. I have 8 all running Channels as the main App. In my case I only have 2x Prime so I max out at 6 turners which is fine for now. Also looking forward to the New DVR. During heavy FALL Season I do use Hulu with no commercials a lot so that reduces my need to use a Turner and DVR for those shows.

1 Like

Now Iā€™m curious. May I ask where these 9 ATV boxes are in your house? Or is this a business? That is crazy/awesome!

I have 5 (master br, living room, basement, gym, outdoor movie screen).

My 8 are in my house. Starts with 5 bedrooms then LR, Kitchen, Master Bath. Most on Ethernet but a couple on wifi.

This is the list of where all of the AppleTVā€™s will go. Eventually.

Upper Guest
Lower Guest
Detached Garage
Game Room
Outdoor Game Room
Bar 1
Bar 2
Bar 3
Workout Room
Home Theatre
My Office
Cabana
Outdoor Cabana
Playroom
Family Room
Wife Office
Master Bedroom 1
Master Bedroom 2
Master Bedroom 3
Master Bath

I havenā€™t bought all of them yet because some places like the wifeā€™s office and our bedroom need DVR. But all in all this will be the final product.

I just want to toot our own horn and mention how AMAZING of a value Channels is combined with Apple ID and family sharing, lol. :joy:

Amazing setup!!

2 Likes

Soā€¦ party at @Shadow_Bulletā€™s house?

1 Like

Agreed - how else could @Shadow_Bullet afford to run Channels on that many TVs??

Even it was $50 I would still buy it in a heartbeat just because of how amazing it is.

I really do appreciate all the effort that you guys are putting in to make this the best app for watching TV with HDHR. Your dedication and experience are what makes me so glad to have developers like you, it gives me great hope for the future of this app and I know for a fact that this app will only continue to grow, not only in features but also users as we approach more usability to interface with the HDHR. Again my gratitude to all of you for making such a wonderful app even in itā€™s basic form of just WATCHING TV right now.

1 Like

:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

So will the guide from iOS be coming to ATV soon?

Absolutely, there are just a few technical hurdles we need to work through.

5 Likes