Guide data empty

When I used my mobile hotspot (using 5g as wifi was turned off) it's using a different dns yes? And that has the same problem. Or am I mistaken. I have nowherre near the knowledge of both of you so not trying to come a cross like a know it all, as I'm far from it.

Yes I'm just using my ISP dns on my router (the usual connection). I'll look into this some more.

I have a vpn installed on the chromecast but it's not activated and I have also included exemptions for channels (amongst most apps and local traffic). Potentially maybe I should uninstall that to see if it fixes it just in case it's doing something to channels traffic?

I don't know all the ways the devices interact, especially when you are trying to use 5G vs wifi, but the rror noted for the device that produced it is indicating some kind of DNS issue.

If that device is not using it's own DNS servers (IE inherited from router), and your router is using your ISP DNS servers, it might be that your ISP DNS servers are to blame.

In this case, maybe try (at least temporarily) setting router DNS to something else, like Google DNS servers.

At least this is what I would try myself in such a situation with a name resolve issue like this.