Guide - First Run Marker

Please add a 'first run' marker in the Guide for shows that are airing for the first time.

That can be interpreted a couple ways.
What do you mean "first run"?

Do you mean like new episode airing for the first time?
Or a Premier of a certain show on a certain channel for the first time, new or old show?
Or a Movie being aired on a channel for the first time?

Channels already has a "New" tag for new episodes of things. (In the web GUI, i think that also is what the blue bar next to the program cell is for.) It woudl also have this tag for "new" programs that are also "premiering" on any given channel for the first time.

I know Emby has both a "New" tag, for episodes of shows that are new(uses Repeat for non new) and a "Premier" tag that i have seen used for when a old show first starts airing on a network, or a movie is first aired on network...etc.
They also change the program cell color for those, which makes it very nice and easy to see when looking at the guide, where as Channels, they cells don't change color, unless its a program set to record. The tags are up at the top under the show name.

Implementing a more feature fulled tag system like this would be very nice and usefull.

For now, I'd just settle for a little number (1) or equivalent for a program of any kind that is running for the first time on television. I'm personally not interested in the Premier tag that was mentioned.

When I'm viewing the guide on a client device, it would helpful to know if a program is a first run, or a rerun.

This information is dependent upon the guide provider (Gracenote) flagging programming as such. They currently offer a "New" tag, which seems to be what you are after; Premiere, Finale, Season/Series Premiere and Season/Series Finale are also offered.

The Season/Series Premiere/Finale tags are applied to programs/series only, and indicate as you would expect. The generic "Premiere" tag can be used for a multitude of reasons: usually it is used for the first time something is airing regardless of network/channel, but it can often be used to indicate the first time that program/movie is airing on that particular network/channel.

Since all of these are currently displayed in Channels as the purple-backed tags in the Details modal dialog, is the request for this information to be conveyed differently?

Windows Media Center gave the option to enhance the guide with color coded categories. I believe green was news, purple was movies, orange was history, and blue was general tv.

That would be a nice enhancement along with the new episode marker.

Would still be great to see this somehow in the guide. Common sense would probably say it applies most to the first run of the TV show episode on any channel. Right at the moment, I can probably view about 10 different "Dateline" shows in the guide and without actually selecting each one to get details, the user can't know if it's a new show or a rerun.