Guide overlay while watching

Sure would be nice if we could open the guide while watching a program. The current banner that displays is nice, but would like to see the guide without exiting the player.

I do this by using the Picture in Picture feature

Me to, #1 feature request..
Tonight I counted 29 clicks to go from watching a show to the guide and back to watching again on an Atv, not exactly a fun thing to do.. My wife is having issues with it.

1 Like

+1 voted. Here was my attempt almost 2 years ago.

+1 here as well.

That one is pretty slick. What is it?

That is EMBY... Alot better than Channels PIP.

Does Emby still have the thing where when you choose a channel in the guide you then have to press another button to watch it instead of going straight to the channel?

It gives you the Option to play or record.

Here is the Apple TV Theme ..

Does EMBY recognize ATSC 3.0 channels (at least the ones that aren't DRM)? That's one thing Plex doesn't acknowledge with the HDHR tuners.

Emby plays the Video with no Problem but does transcode the AC4 Audio to AC3 on the fly.

Video
1080p HEVC

Direct Play (20 mbps)
Audio
English AC4 5.1
Transcode (AC3 384 kbps)

Just got Emby lifetime because Plex has been going down hill and cluttered with crap and because this god aweful years of waiting for channels @fancybot fix their player. I love the channels UI and the player controls but for god sakes, it doesn’t seem like a real pip solution is happening or fixing the audio driver.

Love Emby for movies and tv shows, but their media player is not good. Trick play is not smoothe and the player is kinda buggy on the Apple TV. Don’t like how embys guide is so ellastic.

I pumped the channels M3u into Emby like you and deployed disquetv in order to replicate Virtual Channels but it’s not as intuitive and fast as channels. Clicking on a live program in the guide to watch takes you to another screen that you have to navigate to the play button to play the channels is beyond stupid.

Emby is now my Plex replacement but not Channems.

The Android Version on My FireTV Max 2nd Gen Plays ATSC 3.0 with no Problem ... even AC4 Direct Play.