Guide view in Channels DVR not showing all future programs without work around

Yesterday, I upgraded from the basic Channels service to Channels DVR. I have now made an observation that appears pretty consistent when viewing my guide.

On some channels, I scroll out into the future (over a specific TV channel's future lineup) over the Guide to determine what shows I want to record. However, I've noted that where there is a scheduled show (i.e. long sporting event, movie, etc.) that is over 3 plus hours.....the Guide appears to "stop" at that point (can be for example 10 hours into the future). The only way I have found to move forward to get to future shows (on that specific TV channel) (where the guide view stopped) is to 1) move down into the TV Guide grid on a different TV channel's future lineup, 2) move past the time of the lengthy movie, sporting event or whatever was in the desired TV channel guide information, and then 3) arrow back up into the desired TV channel's guide information to get past the block (where the guide previously stopped). This appears to be a strange scenario. And while I seem to have found a "work around", have others experienced these circumstances with the Guide view in Channels DVR? And if so, is there a resolution that does not involve the "work around" that I've discovered and described above?

Thanks.

I have not experienced this in multiple years of using Channels DVR. Are you using an Apple TV? If not, it could be a specific issue related to your client device.

I am using Amazon's 4k Fire Sticks on all of my TVs to access Channels. Again, I have found a work around as described before. However, I am not sure why a 3 plus hour block of programming on any particular channel would prevent the guide data from advancing forward on that particular channel. It's a strange scenario.

I record football games every Sunday, and sometimes on other days too. But, as I said, I have never experienced the issue. Try using the latest version of Channels DVR client, because I know there were some recent updates.

This is a known bug in the Android TV app due to how android focus engine works.

Is this related to the bug of guide updates not happening when playing a single channel for a long time?

I don't mind my work around solution (at least for now). But hopefully the bug is something that is being worked on. I am running the very latest version of Channels DVR along with the latest updates for my new 4k Firesticks. Thanks.