Hallmark Channels not recording correctly

Starting Saturday, I noticed the hallmark movies recorded to the DVR were not working correctly. They'd record but a 2 hour movie would be choppy and it would say duration of 5+ hours.

Other channels seem to be fine.
I don't have commercial detection on. I haven't touched settings and Channels is up to date with version 2023.08.18.2205. Also my docker software is up to date. I'm wondering if this is related to software updates channels DVR and/or Docker?

Thanks

I just checked my recording of the movie "Never Too Late to Celebrate" from Saturday and it is marked as interrupted in Channels. It has a reported length of 2 hrs 4 min, which is correct because of my pass settings (extra paddings). Playing in VLC looks fine. I just don't know yet where the interruption occurred. Need to investigate more.

Since you are using a recent version of Channels DVR, you should be using the new MPEG-TS rewriter automatically. Just for sanity check, can you show your setting for "Old TV Everywhere MPEG-TS Rewriter" in your DVR settings? It should be unchecked like this:

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I don't have any of the experimental selections checked. Never have in fact.

Before I posed, I did a test and recorded a movie. Like you, it played in VLC. I want to put on PLEX but it wouldn't go into a folder which got my attention. I'm wondering if I'm going to need to start converting Hallmark files to MKV after recording.....

Anyone else with issues recording Hallmark Channel Movies? I'm still getting them to be jumpy and record length's show in excess of 6 hours. All the other channels work great.

Thanks

Please try updating to the latest pre-release and see if recordings after that are any better.

How much can I pay you to keep Hallmark* channels broken?

Would love that! But my wife has something to say about it! :slight_smile:

Says I'm up to date. Said that the last time too when this started. Has me scratching my head. Nor losing sleep though!

Please go to Support -> Troubleshooting -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from the web interface of the DVR and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

Eric could this be the same issue I am having with the hallmark CDN? I still can’t get a clean recording on Hallmark but other TVEs work fine.

No, this issue was related to the rewriter that has been fixed.

I am shocked others haven’t seen my issue. I thought Fios was pretty prevalent and someone would have seen it.