Hardware for HEVC 10 bit transcoding?

I've been messing around a bit lately with ripping my few 4K blurays into 10 bit HEVC MKV files and most of the time everything plays fine. I have a Synology DS918+ and a few Apple TV 4K's all wired with ethernet around the house, even on our phones it works fine on wifi at home. Due to our internet's 35mbps upload speed though, the files going outside of the house need to be transcoded and this is where the issues begin.

When we go up to the vacation house most everything still works fine but the 4K files don't. Looking at the hardware monitor it seems like it's just not powerful enough to transcode the files on the fly which makes sense. I've also tried it on my aging gaming PC (3rd Gen i5 CPU and GTX1070 GPU) with similar results.

I also have Plex working on the same movie library and saw they have a way to automatically "optimize" new files added to the library and that works fine, I made a bunch of 1080p h264 copies in there and now Plex will work remotely and so will Channels except all the movies show up twice now. Again, this makes sense, it's not a function of Channels so likely not something the software was made for.

I'm trying to figure out the best solution here, is there some hardware I can buy that would be able to transcode these huge (62.2GB, 74.8Mbps, 10 Bit) files on the fly? Or is there some similar method to Plex's optimization that I could use on Channels (without duplicate movies)? Or is this something I can get to work with my current hardware another way? My goal here is just for my wife to be able to just click on a movie without having to know anything about different versions for different houses and just watch it, like it's been for 1080p movies for a while.