Hardware vs Hybrid - Voice Sync

Hi, running Channels on Sony Android TV. When viewing recordings with video encoding set to hardware, at times voice is out of sync with video. If I switch to Hybrid video encoding voice and video are in sync (but picture not as bright). Anyone else see this?

Which seems to be out of sync?
Is it live tv? Dvr recordings? Or imported records?

Remember to submit diagnostic logs and then post the log reference number that way devs know.

Experiment with hardware, hybrid software. Whichever works best for you. Use that one.

Is it also less bright when using software or only hybrid?

Issues i have had with video options on shield have only ever been with imported content. Some video files play better with software and some with hardware. But for live tv/dvr it has never been issue.

Yes, but I stay in Hybrid pretty much all the time because of the great variety in recordings, so don't really notice. I did have something the other day where the audio was off sync until I changed to hardware, so it could go either direction.

Its less bright in software and Hybrid mode. I only notice the out of sync voice in Hardware more on recordings. I'll just keep on Hybrid.