Have downloaded episodes deleted when they are deleted from recordings library

Downloading for off-line viewing is the most welcome feature for me in years.

Having said that, I see room for improvement but will wait patiently as the developers will surely iron out the wrinkles as they usually do.

Except for one that I think is worth more immediate attention: when I delete an episode from the recordings library, they are gone from the “recordings” section. but the download still remains in the download library. Maybe it was designed that way, but it becomes one more task for me to go to the download library and delete fully watched episodes.

I’d like to have downloaded episodes deleted when they are deleted from recordings library by the user.

We agree it’s annoying to have to do this.

We’ve cared a lot about not accidentally removing things the user still wanted, so this was our starting point.

Imagine you had downloaded a show and it took a long time and then someone accidentally hit delete on the TV for the show and caused us to immediately delete it off your device. Then the user went into the trash and recovered the recording, but now you have to re-download the recording.

We’re working on more automated management of the downloads, but we still want to make sure it doesn’t mess people up.

3 Likes

Your description of the issue sounds legitimate, but it can be overcome if the much-requested multi profiles are introduced. But I know that is a big, big project in and of itself.

Obviously you guys are putting thoughts into this, so I'll wait and see.