HBO Go available on TVE?

I’m currently using Channels with Fios and a cable card. I also use some TVE channels via Fios that are otherwise DRM’ed with the Prime. I wanted to get HBO Go. I’m wondering if I subscribe to HBO via Fios will I be able to access HBO Go through the TVE interface in channels?

No.

As per the documentation/FAQs, only channels which provide a linear-programming live stream on their website can be added to Channels. Since HBO does not offer this, it is not available.

1 Like

Even if you could. Hbo is much better quality through an app

1 Like

I agree. Thanks.

1 Like

Ahhh, that sucks. Just trying to streamline everything into one app instead of having various streaming apps/logins scattered everywhere. Thanks for the input.

This is an an old thread and I realize there is no TVE service for HBO using Channels DVR. That said, (on a side note), can anyone suggest what is the best alternative (for me) as far as subscribing to HBO?

I primarily use a 4k Firestick. And while Amazon Prime offers a more slimmed down version of HBO, I am gathering the "HBO Max" app offers the most channels. So if I subscribe to HBO (directly through their web site), can I then install the HBO Max app on my 4k Firestick with instructions I found online by going to settings and developer options (without problems)? In other words, can I safely "sideload" the HBO Max app on the 4k Firestick (without software issues) and then use newly created HBO Max credentials to then log in without technical issues?

Obviously, this is getting off topic for the Channels DVR app, but just wondering if anyone can provide any insight/advice on that? Thanks.

No, the HBO Max app is not available on Fire TV devices at this time. Even side loading it doesn't work, as the layout is all borked.

That's good to know about "side loading" not being a good option. I do hope Amazon will support the new HBO Max app in the future versus their more slimmed lined version of HBO. Thanks for your quick feedback.