HBO Streamlinks

For a little while now, my streamlinks for HBO no longer go to the episode or series page within the HBO app. They do still open the app but it only goes to the main page. Is this something that others are experiencing? I know that this is not something that Channels has control over but wanted to check if anyone had a workaround or a different link format for a series or episode that was working.

Which platform/device?

This is on an AppleTV 4K (1st gen). I did just try on my iPhone to check and it is working correctly on there.

I have a similar problem with Hulu on Android/Google TV. The first time the app opens, it goes correctly to the location. Every other time after that, so long as the app is open in the background, it will just sit at what was the last page. The only resolution I have found is to kill the app or wait a while until Android kills it. Strangely, I have tested with the Reelgood app and it has no problem, Hulu seems to reset each time, like it sends a kill command if the app is open already. Channels does not seem to do this.

Can you kill the app on AppleTV? Does it then work correctly the first time you launch, but does not subsequently?

HBO goes to the main page on my AppleTV whether the HBO app has already been open or if it was closed and starting fresh. I thought it could be getting stuck but either way the issue is there. This HBO problem must be something specific to tvOS or the HBO app for tvOS since it seems to work fine on iOS.

I haven't encountered the problem you are having with Hulu, but we're not using any Android/Google devices and also aren't watching much on Hulu currently.

I would agree that it is a problem with the HBO App for tvOS. In comparison with my issue, the Hulu app on Android phone/tablet does not do this; it is unique to Android/Google TV. Looks like some screwed up programming on their end. I'm not sure if they'll bother fixing it, though, considering the ongoing integration with Discovery might result in an "all new" app.

Bumping this topic.

I've also been seeing this on my Apple TV when trying to use Streamlinks. All Movie/Episode data populates correctly within Channels, but when It launches the HBO Max app - that's it. It doesn't take me to the actual show OR episode.

Very stinky.