HDHomeRun Firmware

I was wondering how often people update the firmware in the HDHomeRun tuners. I usually don't bother until I have a problem.

Always since ATSC 3.0 is still being improved. I am always on the latest firmware.

Plus they added IPv6 support.

1 Like

I agree. I generally update mine when an update comes out. I too have a atsc 3.0 model. However it is not in my area yet. Maybe in another year or so it will be a thought. Just want to be ready when it is. Most of the time I do agree not upgrading unless you have an issue. But the different here is they are generally bringing new features to the platform. Granted this depends on the model you have. I believe they haven't added encryption to the tuners yet. But from my understanding that will be coming with atsc 3.0 as well ;-(

A post was split to a new topic: Improving reception for my HDHomerun 4k tuner

I have the Connect Quatro (HDHR5-4US) and Connect DUO (HDHR5-4US). Looking at the change-log, there have been almost no improvements (except for IPv6) in the last two years. The only other improvements have been in diagnostic reporting.

This raised a more interesting question, what model of HDHomeRun are people using for Channels?

• HDHR Connect
  • HDHR Extend
  • HDHR Flex
  • HDHR Scribe
  • HDHR Prime

Iā€™m using 2 HDHR Extend models.

I have an HDHR Extend and an HDHR Quatro.

Firmware: 20221205

HDHR Connect 4 tuners
HDHR CONNECT 4K 4 tuners
HDHR Scribe 4 tuners
2 HDHR Prime 3 tuners each

1 Like

HDHR Connect 4k

The ATSC 3.0 models are the ones that are getting all the love due to sound compatibility and all the different ATSC 3.0 standards that can be used.

I use a HDHR Prime. The latest firmware fixes problems I don't have so not upgrading