HDHomeRun new 4K ATSC 3.0 tuner

I have a Quad tuner now, just can’t pull on the channels 3.0 can, so using Locast atm

Same here, I'm up by New Port Richey with some trees in the way. Reception in the summer would be hit and miss on some channels. Just got set up with 4k tuner and liking it. Do you have any problems with WMOR channel 32.1? It crashes whatever app I try to bring it up on.

I may have missed it but does anyone have experience with this tuner and how a Synology handles the ATSC 3.0 broadcasts? My mom uses my DVR remotely and I want to make sure she can still stream without issues.

In this thread someone was struggling with issues that turned out to be caused by remote viewing:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that. I did read that thread but he doesn’t state if he has a Synology or not

I believe the type of PC or NAS you use has nothing to do with this, other than perhaps the CPU power. Anyone?

You could always disable the 1xx ATSC 3.0 channels in the source and it will use all 4 tuners to tune the ATSC 1.0 stations until you figure things out.

I think the only drawback to that is the fact the HDHR tuners do background channel scans every 3 days and might find and enable ATSC 3.0 channels that might or might not be viewable. Really wish SD would allow us to disable that, but I'm not holding my breath.

It will use all 4 atsc 1.0 tuners regardless unless you are tuning a 3.0 station.

Right.
I was saying if he wasn't sure whether remote viewing of ATSC 3.0 was possible for his Mother, that he could disable (hide) the ATSC 3.0 channels in the source until he figured that out.

I just ordered the new flex 4K and will play with it.

So I tested this last night. My Flex is running but was direct playing on my ATV4K. ABC, CBS and NBC were all playing at 1920x1080 60FPS. FOX was still at 1280x720. Tuning to each station was fast. I haven't tested remote streaming yet.

I'll keep playing around with it.

I just attempted to stream over cellular and the transcoder wouldn't work. I submitted my logs from both my phone and DVR.

iPhone or android?

iPhone 12

You need to use channels TestFlight app set cellular playback to original and update server to latest prerelease. It will work then

I noticed that when someone is watching one of the ATSC 3.0 channels that the admin page doesn’t show the rate that is being transferred. Do I need to submit diagnostics for this?

Known issue. It is not being reported by the tuner.

1 Like

Do I need to report this on the silicondust forum?

Does it show network bitrate on the tuner status page on the hdhr?

1 Like