HDMI for Channels

Appreciate the info! To answer your questions - the Uray encoder is brand new, not refurbished or from eBay, and I just purchased to begin the project. The audio has never worked. I have had tried with an Onn box and with a Firestick. When I connect the same Onn box and Firestick to a TV, the audio plays without issue.

I'll compare your settings to mine to see what I come up with. I figured it might be something with the encoder. When it boots up, the audio shows "Normal" and then after a few seconds "No Data". It's almost like it's DRM protected.

Another thing I noticed when looking at your settings... your audio input says "HDMI". I only have the option of "Digital" or "Analog" for some reason. Did you have an HDMI option on your previous device?

1 Like

Curious, what have you found this command to clear cache to help with?

1 Like

I have my Firesticks and Channels server to reboot weekly so I like to Clean the Cache Prior to rebooting them.

goto startnow
:loop
timeout 300
:startnow
CD /d "%~dp0"
cls
curl http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr | findstr  /I /C:"busy\":false"
if %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 goto loop

adb start-server

rem main1
adb -s G070VM2420750DCF shell pm trim-caches 9999999999
adb -s G070VM2420750DCF reboot

rem main2
adb -s G071R20714160QAG shell pm trim-caches 9999999999
adb -s G071R20714160QAG reboot

rem main3
adb -s G071R207135529UK shell pm trim-caches 9999999999
adb -s G071R207135529UK reboot

rem main4
adb -s G071R20713371JA1 shell pm trim-caches 9999999999
adb -s G071R20713371JA1 reboot

shutdown /r /f /t 2

exit

I only have HDMI and Analog options. I suspect it is simply a wording difference.

As for the previous device, I had it so briefly I cannot recall ever looking at the audio settings. As soon as I saw this project's potential (within hours of getting it working) I ordered the 4 channel encoder and replaced out the single channel encoder within 48 hours.

I've been using the following script (found hundreds of posts ago) to clean up my factory reset android devices prior to using with this project.

set device=IP_DEVICE:5555
adb connect %device%
adb -s %device% shell settings put global window_animation_scale 0
adb -s %device% shell settings put global transition_animation_scale 0
adb -s %device% shell settings put global animator_duration_scale 0
adb -s %device% shell settings put secure sleep_timeout 0
adb -s %device% shell settings put system screen_off_timeout 2147460000

Figured I'd mention it again since I am sure it is lost way back in the double digit comments.

Make sure to change the IP_DEVICE to that of the device you are setting up.

3 Likes

I might just do that as well and give it a shot.

Another thing since I use an Industrial USB Hub to power my 4 Devices connected to my Server ...I found that sending ADB commands VIA usb to be more reliable and faster ... no need to issue ADB connect commands because as soon as the server boots the ADB devices are connected.

I mentioned this before, but most of my HDMI recordings require a "Fix Video Timestamps" to be performed when complete - I have experimented with a lot of the URay coder settings and can't seem to get anything to consistently make a clean recording (and I have 35+ years of software/hardware engineering experience and 2 degrees in E.E.) - even with the experimental TS-Muxer turned on - the most obvious symptom is that the indicated recording length is not what it should be - is anyone else seeing this?

so @tmm1 - IMHO it would be extremely useful for channels to have an option to run "Fix Video Timestamps" and "Regenerate Video Index" after completion of these HDMI recordings (possibly others), and prior to running comskip, as it always seems to fix this issue - otherwise, I am having to manually go to the Channels web page and do this for all of my wife's Bravo shows...

Did you ever get this to work?

@David_Darling

I believe we have the exact same encoder, and I haven't changed a single setting on mine, other than to set it up for DHCP:

We may not have the same encoder firmware though, as I don't have a stream preview on the status page like you, only on the OSD page:

I appreciate the info. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but after more than a month of monitoring the thread and deciding to jump in an give it a shot, this has me stumped. I think I'll return it and get a different model.

Oh, this thread has been hijacked about 50 times by now. Lol.

For folks without a browser that would like to use weatherscan the "Odin Browser" works perfectly. It's in the App store.

Here's something new to play with:
https://www.redbox.com/stream-free-live-tv?channel=amc_thrillers

Cool, more channels here: stream free live tv

I especially like providers like that that don't put a big bug (channel logo) watermark in one of the corners over the content 24/7.

But we've had an M3U for Redbox free content specifically for awhile now:
https://www.apsattv.com/redbox.m3u

What would be a great new addition here is the XML guide data to match. Without that, sources like this aren't indexable or searchable, so not nearly as useful inside Channels DVR.

For those with the FBE200 (which might come in different versions), someone suggested earlier in this thread to reach out to their support for the latest firmware, and gave a contact link. I gave it a shot and heard back. They sent me a 2020 firmware file, with this message in the email:

"Sorry, we have discontinued production of FBE200 in 2021. So the latest firmware version is 20201220 and will never be updated again.

Please find attached the latest firmware for FBE200.

I have attached the latest firmware, please check it."

Here is a link to what they sent me. USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I'm on a Mac, and used an online virus scanning tool, and it came up clean, but I can't vouch for the virus-scanning tool I used. Also, I'm trying to install it now and the progress bar has been stuck at 0% for 10 minutes, so it might not even work with my device. With that disclaimer aside, here is the file:

UPDATE: After a reboot, I was able to install the firmware, and it is showing the latest version on the System page. All looks in order on the admin page, but I haven't tested the actual device yet. For what it's worth, my device still maxes out at 720p, even with this firmware, so there are definitely different versions of the FBE200.

UPDATE 2: Seems to be working fine in my limited use of the device this evening.

UPDATE 3: As mentioned later in this thread, I realized that although the firmware appears to install, it doesn't "stick" and the old firmware is still listed as the current one.

Please try (2) things both in your audio settings for Input Port 1 (one at a time):

1. Set encoder to AAC
  2. G711A Over RTSO = disabled

What other options do you have for the pulldowns "audio input" and "Audio Channels?"

Additionally, when you look at one of the recorded shows using MediaInfo, what does it say for audio?

pulldowns do not change.

Will not allow disable to be selected. So pulldowns not effected.

Track #1: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
stereo 256kbps

BTW: I was not the person having the audio problems, that was @David_Darling. My audio is working great. But you replied to me so I gave it a shot to see if any menus changed.

Appreciate the input. I tried changing those but didn’t have any luck. I wasn’t able to make any recordings because I was just trying to get the audio to pass through. I am returning this unit and ordered another… same brand, but different… to see if I have any luck. Appreciate it!