HDMI for Channels

AnyStream is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. Using a VM will restrict the number of downloads per day.

Thanks! I found it here.

With the Uray encoder I do see random a/v sync issues on recordings, but there's no pattern to it that I can see and I do have daily reboot enabled.

Fortunately I mostly use it for sports so not much of an issue.

What version of the uray do you have and what resolution do you have your video output from your android device set at? For the earlier versions of the device (the ones where 1080p is limited to 30fps) it is best to have your android device set to output 720p. This way you can set the uray to encode at 720@60fps.

The more recent versions of the uray devices (the 4k versions) should easily do 1080p@60fps. If you watch the internal cpu usage of the old ones you see where 1080p taxes them a lot.

Anyone have experience with this device?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225689397726

1 Like

I've got the full 1080p 60fps version, but not 4k. It can do HEVC but I'll take a look at usage

This is what I have mine set to using NEXTPVR as backend and have no sync isssues....

Doing 4 Encoding ....

Status

Running Time:0000-00-01 02:28:18

Device Time:2018-03-24 00:50:40(Sync Time To Device)

CPU Usage:62%

CPU Junction Temperature:80°C

Memory Usage:39.0M/628.0M

Video Packet Number:13

Audio Packet Number:8

Video Buffer Size(kbyte):123

Audio Buffer size(kbyte):16

Net Packet Sent:43676222

Net Packet Dropped:0

That looks like a nice unit to consider. HDMI Out is a good option if your TV has an extra input to accomodate it.

Edwin,

With the newer version of the uray that you have (the 4k version), is there a reason you don't set it to encode at 60fps? I have mine set for that and can't say I have seen any problems or frames dropped.

1 Like

No reason just left it at 30 will set it to 60FPS ...

How is the performance at 30? Any frame drops? Curious to pinpoint whey the older version used to drop frames with things like sports tickers at the bottom of the screen

1 Like

I have not seen a problem .. but I have not really recorded any sports mostly HBO and Showtime movies using XFINITY Stream ... will test it as soon as I can.

But I do not use Channels DVR "HDMI For Channels" ... use NEXTPVR to Stream VIA M3U into Channels DVR then record.NEXTPVR HDMI capture is more robust and easier to set up.

1 Like

I use nextpvr for capturing hbo and such as well. I actually only use channels dvr these days for streaming outside of the house. Nextpvr does all my capturing. Nextpvr puts tv shows in their own folders and creates folders for each season - at least not as far as I was able to see. Channels dvr dumps all the movies in one folder and the tv shows don't even have their on folders for seasons. I couldn't figure out any way to fix this.

What I do is I just direct channels dvr to my Nextpvr recordings and stream from outside. Try as I might, I can't get jellyfin to perform as well with this.

1 Like

My experience with Anystream was very poor resolutions, frequently less than 720p.

1 Like

I have not had that experience only with youtube which they just added and needs work. Here is an example of Prime Video The Rookies TV Show Season 1 Episode 1 ...

1 Like

Do you use HDMI Capture to Record HBO from Prime Tuners or the APP ?

1 Like

I can't find any reviews or if it has some type of web setup like the other ones do.

Remind me what APP is.

These days I capture hbo and starz from the 4 channel uray network encoder configured with nextpvr as extras. These recordings are fed in channelsdvr.

I have another backup machine that I was experimenting with using my colossus 2 cards using nextpvr and channelsdvr with the android for hdmi capture. I found the colossus 2 and hdpvr 2 devices relatively stable, but there were a few times when some recordings gave problems with encoding and playback.

The uray network encoder is rock solid in terms of stability. The only downside is that it gives only 2.0 dolby while the hauppague cards dive 5.1. I mentioned elsewhere that for some reason the 2.0 audio from the uray when set ac3 sounds richer than the 5.1 that the hauppauge devices produce. It is rich enough where I can even re-encode (upmix) to dd plus 5.1 (pseudo audio) and get quality sound based on experiments with ffmpeg.

2 Likes

What is "strong cbr" thinking about testing it out.

1 Like

Hmmmm... I don't recall seeing that on mine. However I never updated my firmware. Did you see any benefits from updating yours for the uray?