Heavy Pixelation

When I put the numerical http address of the dvr with the port, it comes up with "404 not found". If I just use the http address by itself it connects without an issue.

Thats fine... I typed it wrong. Mine should have been 192.168.5.101:8089

I went into the log on the actual DVR and saw the following for the show I recorded:

loc=1316 pkt=8 pid=6830 what="pat_and_pmt" offset=0 length=1504 contiguous=true changed=true packets=2

Can anyone give me some guidance?! Thanks!

You need to check the Log tab of the DVR (top right) and look for the [SNR] message.

Or you can click View Details on the recording and it will show the errors in there .

This is what I get when I click “view details”

Assuming a lot here...
You mention laptop, macbook, hdhr, atv.
I assume the HDHR is a Prime.
I assume your Macbook is the DVR.

If the recording you made shows pixellation when viewed on your ATV, try viewing it directly from your MacBook (or whatever your DVR server is) using VLC. Just open the recording file with VLC and play it.

Also, you should have the HDHR, DVR Server and ATV wired to the same gigabit ethernet switch at least temporarily for testing/troubleshooting.

Do you have issues with any other high bitrate channels (9+ Mbps)?

So many variables, need to eliminate some by troubleshooting. Could be CNN broadcast, cable signal, HDHR, wifi, etc.

Shouldn't the diagnostic information point us in the right direction?! The "there are so many things that it could be" is so extremely frustrating. Sorry, just want to be able to watch TV without these issues and trying so desperately not to give up.

Would be in a perfect world, but the devs are working toward that goal. Problem is there are too many variables outside their control and they are trying to get a handle on it.

I do understand that they are working with TV signals that they ultimately do not create, but given the amount of money they receive from subscriptions I would think that they could deliver on a product that provides a clear, reliable TV signal. They do clearly advertise on their website that their product does just that ("watch what you want, when you want"). And if it does not do this, they should be able to troubleshoot why and fix it. A fairly simple business model, if you ask me. As a customer who paid for a box to receive a signal and continue to pay a subscription fee for service, I would expect more. Either they will figure it out or fail, either way in short order I presume.

What version of the DVR are you using?

Email them directly for support if you don't want to interact with this community website.
This is globally visible and other users of the product are trying to assist you here.
None of us are experts.

Can you please click the Help tab in the dvr web UI and click Submit Diagnostics