Help fixing guide

Hi! Am loving Channels, except for the program guide. While the HDHomeRun Apple TV app shows the correct channels and program information, the Channels App — at least in my set-up — is having problems.

I'm near Austin, Texas. Our local CBS affiliate (42.1) is showing up on the Channels App as "The Family Channel."

Right now, CBS is showing the hour-long drama, "Blue Bloods", but your program guide shows a half-hour show called "The Criminal Mind" (again, next to the Family Channel Logo). To be honest, I'm not sure the incorrect guide info is even FOR the Family Channel, but that's beside the point.

If I click on that option (The Criminal Mind on Family Channel), it takes me to the correct program, "Blue Bloods", on CBS. So it's just the guide display that is incorrect. Again, the HDHomeRun App shows the correct guide information next to the correct network name and logo.

I'm not a technological novice, but I must admit that I have been unable to follow other solutions offered here. Is there any easy way to get this guide information corrected? It's a drag not being able to DVR CBS shows or see them in the program guide.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Which client are you seeing the incorrect guide data in? Is it also showing incorrectly in the DVR web UI guide?

Hi. Thank you. It's in the Apple TV Channels Whole Home DVR app. I went into the web interface and tried to remap the Austin CBS Channel correctly. I then deleted the Apple TV app and reinstalled it. It now shows the correct logo for the channel (CBS) but the guide information next to it is still incorrect.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about the DVR Web UI. In the MacOS app and the iOS app, it is also now showing the CBS logo, but has incorrect guide information for that channel.

Hey, I fixed it. On the Web, I had to reload the guide after I had remapped it. The program information seems to be perfect now. Is there documentation for problems similar to this somewhere? I mean, I'm happy I stumbled onto the solution, but I really was just poking things.

In any event, thank you for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not aware of any documentation specifically for this issue. Glad you were able to find a solution!