Help new user

hello guys I am new to all of this Channel Plus DVR stuff.
I might have put the cart before the horse please help!

First I just subscribe to Channel Plus
I have Spectrum as my cable provider
I don't have a hardware DVR from spectrum
Question:
Can I use Channel Plus software as my DVR
What other hardware do I need to purchase to get this up and running.
Question:
Is there any physical layouts of the network if there is additional hardware.
I am using my surface pro 7 with an external hard drive to store any video files. I can purchase a NAS but before I get deep into this I want to have it working simply. Before the wife kill me!!!
Help

Channels DVR has to be installed on a PC or NAS. You can set it up on your Surface Pro for now and decide to move to NAS later if you want.

It looks like you've already installed the DVR software, so open http://127.0.0.1:8089 on your Surface and then click Add Source > TV Everywhere > Spectrum

Thanks I will do it when I get out of the office.

Just note you won’t get all locals and no A@E networks.

If Spectrum offers cable cards, you can get one from them along with a Silicon Dust HD Homerun Tuner. That will allow you to receive all of your cable channels just like you would get from your cable box with the exception of any premium channels that are protected like HBO.

Maybe someone else can chime in with how Spectrum flags their channels. I have Xfinity and all of mine are flagged as copy freely except the premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime.

I had a cable card in an HDHR Prime with Spectrum and they flagged just about every channel with DRM, so none could be used with Channels DVR! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes