Help With Firestick App

I'm trying to pay and download this app on my FS but it's not giving me the option for 8 dollars. It's asking for $24 on the app.

You have to order THE DVR for $8 a month or yearly ... setup the DVR on a PC or Nas then Download the Free Channels DVR Client

OK, pay the $8 on the website then the $24 on the app, right?

The app is free with subscription. Search for Channels DVR

OK, so I have to download two apps right?

No, forget about the $24 app; that one is for live TV only and is not necessary if you have a subscription. There is another Channels DVR app for live and recorded TV, and that one is free but requires the $8/mo subscription, because it will only work with the Channels DVR server software installed somewhere on your network.

OK, so I paid the $8 dollars, but it's not working, it just spins.

Have you set up your DVR Server?
Which is it? Apple / Windows / NAS / Nvidia Shield or Linux?

I tried Windows but it wont let me get through it just spins.

You need a HdhHomeRun tuner or Cables Subscription or Subscribe to some kind of streaming Service like youtubetv , Philo , locast etc ... If you do not have one of these then this might not be what you are looking for.

OK, I wasn't aware the way it works, I seen an app with the same name for $24 dollars, do you think that would work for me?

Definitely not you need a HDHomerun tuner.

OK, so the app for $24 I still need to buy an HDHomerun tuner too?

The Channels service doesn’t include content. It’s just a way to watch and record off an Antenna (with a Hdhomerun) or a cable or streaming live tv subscription.

OK, thank you so much for clearing this up.